OT: latters for sale

Page 1 of 2

Not mine. http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/tls/4000199131.html

Best to call in the latter part of the day.
On 8/14/2013 3:14 AM, Bill wrote:

http://www.formers.com/products/#standard
Greg Guarino wrote:

Greg Guarino wrote:

It took me about 10 minutes to get the joke! I didn't get it until looking several times at your link.
On 8/14/2013 3:17 PM, Bill wrote:

I'm my area, we pronounce 'latter' and 'ladder' the same (as ladders). Only what procedes or follows the word defines which one it is.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Guess I'm slower than you then. I gave up on it after five minutes. If there was a joke there, I wasn't prepared to put anymore time into it.
On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 20:32:02 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote:

Yup.

Too bad. I was looking to buy several ladders from somewhere in Indianapolis, but that's not what they're selling.

Try a church, like the one of the Ladder Day Saints.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"shot a text", is that the latters might be stolen. Why would a youngster sell a latter? "You can have my latters when you pry them from my cold dead fingers..." ; )
On Wednesday, August 14, 2013 12:14:04 AM UTC-7, Bill wrote:

I am assuming it is an English as a second language issue. I suppose I would do just as bad if I was trying to write in any other language myself.
On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 12:01:26 -0700 (PDT), "SonomaProducts.com"

Possibly. But if you were in that situation wouldn't you at least ask a friend or neighbor to proof read it for you? Or why not try an on line translation from your native tongue to the language you are trying to reach.
My guess is that he/she paid little attention in school and when they graduated, if they did, they couldn't read much beyond the fourth or fifth grade level, if that well. Let's not forget the "star witness" in the George Zimmerman trial who couldn't read but she sure was well versed in racial epithets.
On 8/14/2013 4:05 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

We have been away from Indianapolis for a couple of years now, but when we left there were highschools in the city that were graduating only about half of those who started as freshman.
http://www.wndu.com/education/headlines/17184036.html http://www.nbcnews.com/id/23889321/ns/us_news-education/t/cities-cited-low-high-school-graduation-rates/#.Ugvor3-_io4
On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 15:05:36 -0500, Gordon Shumway

It might have just as easily been a typo. We all make those. How many of us go and get someone to proof read our newsgroup postings or run a (marginally imperfect) translation program before we hit the enter button? Granted, if it was a typo, it was an unusual one, but nevertheless, it's still entirely possible ~ except maybe for you.
On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 20:28:39 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote:

Well, sweat heart, we are posting in our native language so there is no point in getting it proof read or translated, is there?
If "latters" was a typo then I suppose "didnt," "alot," "im," "somebody need one," "there," "takeing" and "difft" is too?
Did you two flunk out of the same school together?
On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 21:44:06 -0500, Gordon Shumway

That's the problem. You don't see your comments for that they are. *That's* a large part of your assumed superiority *and* ignorance.

And then you inevitably toss in some comment intended as an insult at the end just to confirm what I've said.
You should know that I've experienced your crap in another newsgroup. Same attitude with you thinking that you can say no wrong. I'm not a sensitive person, but if something pisses me off, I don't hesitate to reply. Almost like you replying, but for a different reason. And, a different mind set when I reply.
On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 15:05:36 -0500, Gordon Shumway

You're pretty damned quick to assume something aren't you? For all you know, the person might be 70 years old and had to skip school to run the farm. ~ could possibly be from a time when attending school was not a priority. That wouldn't occur to your ignorant mind set would it? Maybe they've struggled all their life with some form of dyslexia or an advanced learning disability?
There's a few people here who frequently make spelling errors. I wouldn't dream of criticizing them for it because I know they're smarter than me and have considerable more experience than me.
Fact is, you like to flaunt your superiority most every chance you get. That makes you ignorant in its worst form. I may not be as smart as you or have the education you have, but I sure as hell won't put up with your ignorance bullshit.
On Wed, 14 Aug 2013 22:36:49 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote:

Maybe, but I didn't post the original message. Tell the OP, not me, how insensitive you think he is.

Thank you for thinking I'm superior. However, I don't feel that way. I doubt you even know the definition of ignorant. If you did, you wouldn't be contradicting yourself as you did in your last paragraph.
Come on now... tell me, you did vote for Obama, didn't you? Trust me, I won't think any less of you if you did.