OT: Last time I'll set foot in Home Depot

Page 1 of 7
Got my last statement and was quite surprised to see a Late Fee of $25 in addition to the interest.
No one's fault but mine: I'm sure the Late Fee is called out in small print on some contract that I didn't read and I'm sure that the last bill got buried under a pile of diapers or accidently tossed aside, or perhaps pushed behind the dresser by our toddler. So, my fault for missing the payment.
Funny me - I thought that's what interest was for.
I'll take away three things from this experience: There's a Lowes 100 yards away from Home Depot, I'll shop there; I'll use a Visa instead of a BORG card from now on; I'll ask about Late Fees next time I feel like opening up an in-house card.

You might want to take a look at the terms of your visa card, there chief. They all have late fees.

Some in-house CCs charge a late fee if not paid on the very day it's due. Many Visa, etc, cards charge only after 10 days late (many, but not all).
Actually, in-house CCs are the only consume loan product I think I've ever seen that charges for missing the due date by a day. Although I suspect your bad-credit sucker rip-you-off Visa cards do that, too (you know the ones, 23% interest, $250 charge to start, $7+/month account charge, and only give you a $300 limit, then charge to increase that)
--randy
What's the difference between something that is due on the 12th and something is due on the 12th+10. There is still a due date you have to pay if by. And if you pay it 10 days late, that also means the next payment will seem like it's due 10 days early.
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 23:17:34 GMT, "Randy Chapman"

Jim K wrote:

WITH ONE EXCEPTION.... My Exxon credit card...!
Exxon/Mobile bills me the same day they receive my payment... If I receive the bill today pay it tomorrow I will get another bill in in the mail by the end of the week... SO I wait until a few days before it is due then pay it... just saves stamps and checks... lol
When I was a young man (I am not now..lol) I used to pay my Sears bill (you know the one where I had charged all those Crapsman machines to) at the store itself on the day it was due... The Major reason was that it gave me a chance to wander around the tool section and dream...(hey this was in the early 60's and Crapsman was just about the only show in town.. I was young ..I was dumb..and I had very little money
I did this UNTIL Sears "declared me a SLOW payer" because I always paid late...seems they do not credot your payment until it actually gets to their home office not when the local store receives it... That was a Lesson I never forgot about "store issued credit cards"..
Bob Griffiths
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:00:16 GMT, "Frank Ketchum"

Even worse, some of the card issuers have added a new tactic : they'll raise their rates to the max if you're late paying some other card.
Capital One is a case in point : they raised their interest rates from 9.9 to 27.,79 per annum because another card issuer noted a late payment.
Cut the Cap One card up in itty-bitty pieces, even though it was a nominal 9.9 per annum rate with a zero balance (that's the way I keep all my credit cards - zeroed out)>
Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com
I've got a capital one card and never have had a problem but since credit cards are a bear trap with a hair trigger, I tend to over pay so that they don't want me to pay them so I can't be late. Anyone getting a bill with a payment required of 0.00 will understand.
Wes