OT:(Kinda) One man's basement remodel.

The link to the video below is neat. I wish I had the guys ability and time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=DmrCuaZRO7A

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Nova wrote the following:

Not OT at all, well, except to Twayne.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
willshak wrote:

Cool video. Unfortunately, it ended just when it was getting me excited!
Bill wrote the following:

I gotta get a bigger house with a full basement and 9' ceilings. :-) Note how his woodshop is hidden behind the saw mill storefront, and the hiding of his storage in hidden cabinets all over the storefronts. BTW, Mike Rose (former host of "Dirty Jobs") looks funny all cleaned up. :-)
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

compared to what this guy did with his basement. Incredible! Obviously skilled and motivated. With too much time on his hands! It is nice though.
I keep thinking of how it adds or subtracts from the value of his house. About the time he gets it finished, he will be moving to that big workshop in the sky. Not that it matters all that much. He did it because he enjoyed it. That is good enough reason for anybody.
Lee Michaels wrote the following:

I would think that it adds to the value. Imagine some prospective buyers checking out the house and going through all the rooms upstairs with comments like, 'this room is too small', or 'these fixtures are old', etc., then going down to the basement. The only real worry I would have is flooding, whether internal or external.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Isn't "Incredible Basements" on right after "Restful Bathrooms" on one of the 500 outstanding, must-see channels on teevee?
No wonder the rest of the world thinks us nuts...
-- A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description of a happy state in this world. -- John Locke

LOL...isn't "Incredible Basements" a spin-off from Basement Wars? (Frukkin idiots.. wait DOORKNOB WARS?)
On 9/18/2011 10:31 PM, Nova wrote:

Amazing.