OT: Keywords: trailer, alcohol, alligator

When will the carnage stop? We must have federal control on ownership of crocodilidae.
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla.(AP) A man who swung an alligator at his girlfriend during an argument was sentenced to six months in jail.
David Havenner, 41, of Port Orange, pleaded no contest to misdemeanor charges of battery and possession of an alligator, said Linda Pruitt, spokeswoman for the State Attorney's Office. He changed his earlier plea of not guilty, she said Wednesday.
He was sentenced to six month in jail with 48 days credit for time served during the Sept. 1 hearing, according to court records.
Sheriff's officials said Havenner was keeping the 3-foot gator in his bathtub and swung it at his girlfriend, Nancy Monico, 39, during an argument on July 16.
Monico told investigators that Havenner beat her with his fists, then grabbed the gator and swung it at her as she tried to escape. The gator struck Monico at least once, after which time Havenner threw empty beer bottles at her and then kicked her out of their mobile home, she told investigators.
Havenner told investigators that Monico bit his hand because she was upset that they had run out of alcohol.
The alligator was later released into the St. Johns River, wildlife commission officials said.

Hey, I'm a charter member of the NRA. (National Reptile Association) You are infringing on my Second Amendment Rights Crocodiles don't kill people, ........oh, wait.

Can you get a CAL (concealed alligator license) in Florida?

Doesn't matter. _Carrying_ is illegal regardless. You have to take 'em out using a leash.
On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 14:12:50 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

And would probably qualify one for a Darwin award (or at least prevent the person so carrying from polluting the gene pool)

Can you believe it. They charged him with ownig the croc but not with cruelty to animals. I mean really crocs aren't clubs.
D. Mo

Just another example of good trailer trash gone bad. Puff

Bob Schmall wrote:

See ya later alligator...
["Somebody had to", he whined]     mahalo,     jo4hn

But why you?

That pretty much says it all right there. [I hear a country song warming up in the background - gotta go]

"If I'da Shot You When I Wanted To, I'd be Out By Now."
"I Don't Know Whether To Kill Myself Or Go Bowling."
"I Still Miss You, Baby, But My Aim's Gettin' Better."
"She's Actin' Single and I'm Drinkin' Doubles."
"She's Looking Better After Every Beer."
and the classic: "I Hate Every Bone In Your Body But Mine."

I was thinking something along the lines of:
"I Hit Her With My Gator, Now I've Lost My Trailer"
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 20:39:44 -0700, Mark & Juanita

In this part of the country, we ask:
Q:     "What does a tornado and a divorce lawyer have in common?"
A:    "They both mean someone's going to lose a trailer."
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

The Cramps - "Do the Gator"
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 14:54:38 -0700, Mark & Juanita

Hey! You leave Daytona Beach out of this! That could have happened anywhere...in Florida...or Alabama...or...
(I live in Ormond Beach, the next town up. Just don't like being painted with that wide a brush)
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

"I done swung my gator when my girl up and left."
If this story also featured a stolen pickup and a shot dog, you'd need some kind of award.
GTO(John)
You will all be excited to know that a 100lb alligator snapping turtle was pulled from a pond in O.C. yesterday. The pond was to be drained, dredged, and generally refurbished for genteel use (and no, that does not mean that Jews are excluded). Anyway, some folks were netting the crappie, catfish, and bass before draining when they netted "old Bob". Ah the stuff of dreams. He will be sent back east somewhere to a board and care facility for middle aged snappers.     mahalo,     jo4hn

"Old Bob" eh? I like it.
Beats the alternative!

Shoes? Handbag? Belt?