OT: Kentucky Loser

Page 1 of 3
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/26/jim-bunning-repeatedly-bl_n_477910.html
"GarageWoodworks" wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/26/jim-bunning-repeatedly-bl_n_477910.htmlSo what else is new?Lew
On 2/26/2010 3:58 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

It's purely coincidental, but I just finished adding "Team USA - Kentucky" to the list of solar engine R&D folks (see bottom of page).
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Projects/Stirling/Elsewhere /
(Photos and video)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/26/jim-bunning-repeatedly-bl_n_477910.htmlSo

Lew, are you talking about the Puffington Host screwing up on the title of the article? You're right, it's nothing new. Bunning would have happily voted for the bill had it used stimulus money instead of adding more to the deficit. Are you opposed to his concept or to the extension of unemployment funding? WTF,O?
--
Pessimist: One who, when he has the choice of two evils, chooses both.
--Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

so it's an accounting problem?
shelly

Bunning is simply playing the "No" bit to the hilt.
Bunning was a pretty decent pitcher, but can't say the same about his politics.
Lew
so it's an accounting problem?
shelly

GarageWoodworks wrote:

If you get past the loaded words and misdirection on huff-po and focus on what he is saying, you find the man has some very valid points. $500B of Porkulus has not yet been spent, why not use that money instead of adding yet more debt for our children and grandchildren to pay?

Rob Leatham

Spoken like someone with a job.
***This is not the program that needs to be screwed with in order to balance the budget when so many Americans (including me) are dependent on these funds.***
Balance the budget using the 100's of other methods.

Now is not the time to pay for Bush's 8 year reign of fiscal fuck ups unless you wish to restore the tax cuts of Bush's reign to make it possible.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Uh, hardly.
The current administration added more to the national debt in its first MONTH than the previous administration did in eight years. It's been a year and the situation is even worse.
On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 21:27:51 -0800 (PST), GarageWoodworks

That program is not being screwed with. It's the liberals that want to spend even more unbudgeted money (aka: my tax dollars) on that program rather than using stimulus funds (aka: my tax dollars). In my opinion the benefits are available far too long as it is.
There are plenty of jobs available for those willing to work. The jobs may not be what one desires but there are jobs available. The problem is exacerbated by the fact that the benefits are greater than some of the available jobs so the mind set of "why should I work when I can goof off and get more" has prevailed That fundamental flaw of the program needs to be screwed with.

Thanks for reminding me why I despise tea baggers like yourself.

John Mason: Ah, an educated man.
[Stanley gives a modest wave]
John Mason: That, of course, rules out the possibility of you being a field agent.
--"The Rock."
On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:14:37 -0800 (PST), GarageWoodworks

If you despise tea baggers like me, why are you so eager to hold your hand out and ask for our money?

Very little feels better than that ;-)
Got that data yet, Gordon? You wouldn't want to be vulnerable to accusations of Talking Out Of Your Ass, now would you??

Gordon needs to consult Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh first. He'll get back to you.

Non sequitur.
On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 15:54:58 -0800 (PST), GarageWoodworks

You may think it's funny because you're not the one paying the freight.

I've been paying into the freight all of my working life.

Please don't take offense to this, but you are the biggest scum bag I have ever come across on this newsgroup (7+ years worth).