OT - Katrina and Insurance Claims

Page 2 of 5

With that said it can be assumed (from your previous posts), that you are a foreigner, whom has contributed nothing to this once great country, yet only want from this country.
It can also be assumed that you are uneducated as you are under the assumption that your "government loan" actually came from the US government. You are in fact a pimple on this once great country. Obviously an uneducated pimple, who relies on others in this country to provide for their own well being.
BTW please tell us all here in the US which society deems welfare as acceptable?
--
Chris

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a

There are two programs I can think of. One is the FHA loan for first time home buyers, the other is the VHA loan for veterans.
--
Archangel - Jack of all trades, mastering some...

Archangel & RavenSky's personal pages:

Again these are not loans but insurance for the lenders as provided by our government. Once again they are not loans but insurance to the lender.
--
Chris

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a

not feel like working. I think us working people should work harder to provide for those who do not to work.
You are free to head off to any country that is not "brainwashed" as we are on welfare. Before you leave, please let us know what country provides better welfare, and is not brainwashed.
--
Chris

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a

Most lenders will require that you get Federal Flood insurance if you build in a flood plane. Either that or you have to put up some other collateral. Federal Flood Insurance will cover up to $200K in flood damage which usually means that is the limit of what they will loan.
In southern Louisiana almost 80% of the homes and businesses have Federal Flood insurance but in Alabama and Mississippi the rate is closer to 15%.
--
Glenn Ashmore

wrote

What is Federal flood insurance? I was not aware of that. I was always under the impression that flood insurance was just a rider on your normal homeowners insurance. Or could it be that the insurance company is buying the Federal insurance for you and then making up the difference?
BTW when are you going to update the progress on the boat? I for one am looking forward to it.
--
Chris

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a

http://www.floodsmart.gov/floodsmart/pages/index.jsp
todd

The normal insurance carriers avoid flood coverage like the plague. To much risk of large numbers of 100% losses for them to worry about. At one time you could get a very expensive rider but that ended in 1968 when Congress passed the National Flood Insurance Program. The NFIP is a government agency (under FEMA) that issues the policies separate from your homeowner's policy. FEMA designates flood risk areas and most lenders require a statement about the flood risk included in the title search. It is one of that pile of forms you have to sign when you buy a house. If the risk is high enough the lender will require that you purchase a NFIP policy.
Like the Federal Pension Insurance program, NFIP is under funded and will probably be insolvent after it settles the Katrina damage.
--
Glenn Ashmore

wrote

Glenn and Todd,
Thanks for the info. Obviously you helped me understand an area that I am obviously ignorant in. I did know that lenders do require the insurance if you were in a flood plane, now at least I know where it comes from.
I will have to check to see if I did sign the form. Yet again another mystery of the "closing" pile of paperwork solved. :)
Thanks again,
--
Chris

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If it is in English, thank a

Has anyone noticed that every single piece of paper that you have to sign when you buy a piece of real estate or take out a lone has the words "Complies with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995"?
Before that law was passed you only had to sign the note, the mortgage and a guarantee. My brother and I just sold a warehouse. At the closing I had to sign 28 different papers and the buyers had to sign more than 30. More trees cut for the closing papers than there were to build the building. Everybody form the EPA to FEMA has to get a piece of paper these days.
--
Glenn Ashmore

A call for the murder of our democratically elected leaders for carrying out their mandate is "well said" is it?
You are totally UNAMERICAN and shame our great country with the treasonous filth
you spew globally in these forums.

You do not remember correctly, and we still have a constitution which traitors like you wish to destroy

Unsuprising that an ignoramus is ignorant.
promoting the general Welfare lies at the root of the Constitution
you spit on.
THE UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION
http://www.house.gov/Constitution/Constitution.html We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America
Section. 8.
Clause 1: The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States...
Your era was washed away in the flood and you may yet be called to account for the aid and succour you give enemies of the USA worldwide.
Now THAT is addressed in the Constitution, calling for the murder of democratically elected leaders is treason and you should be in Guatamo Bay alongside your fellow terrorists.
Section. 3.
Clause 1: Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort.
Can you think of any good reason why you should not be in Guantamo Bay along with your fellow terrorists?

Hey..the Left calls for this every day, and they dont consider any Republican politician to be carrying out any mandate.
Is it only the Left pols that do mandates? (unfunded of course)?
Gunner

Nonsense! We didn't invade another country under false pretenses. Going to war under false pretenses is the ultimate act of hate.
What really amazes me is that anyone takes what some actor or religious kook says in front of a TV camera seriously.
People took Mr. Reagan seriously, he was an actor, not a very good actor but an actor none the less.
People take Mr. Bush seriously, he's a failed oil company exec., failed baseball team exec. perhaps the worst president in the history of the United States and he seems to think that god directs him personally.
People in California take Mr. Schwarznegger seriously, a former drug abusing body builder and actor of minimal talents.He makes Gray Davis look like a piker when it comes to corruption and failed policies.
Some people take Fred Thompson seriously, a former senator turned actor, turned advisor to a Supreme Court nominee.
I'll take anyone seriously who can formulate a clear policy what the U.S.'s place in the world should be without relying on divine intervention or help from their father's friends.
John

All the contemporary histories I've read show that LBJ lied to congress about the Gulf of Tonkin (I think it was) incident as an excuse to escalate our involvement in Vietnam. The "ultimate act of hate"?

Yes, that too, but I was a bit too young to worry about it at the time and LBJ is dead now. Sad that we learned NOTHING from that horrible episode in our history.
In Re: OT - Katrina and Insurance Claims on Thu, 22 Sep 2005 23:22:59 -0400, by Shawn Hirn, we read:

Actually, "we" learned a lot, however, the federal system has evolved to preclude effective control of politicians by the voting public.
I give you the illegal alien invasion as an example. 80% of the public is for closing the border with Mexico but Bush and politicians will not.

We have the government we deserve. Sad, but true.

And a great president.

Let's see. He and a group of investors bought the Rangers in 1989 for $86 million. In 1998, they sold it for $250 million. Sounds successful to me.

Not surprisingly, you have it backwards. Fred Thompson was an actor first and then was elected to the Senate in 1994 and 1996. You are correct that his is advising the new Chief Justice, however.
todd

Oh gee. You seem to have missed the part about using government connections to seize a bunch of land for their new stadium from private owners through eminent domain. This cronyism-enabled theft certainly had something to do with the increased value of the the team.
--
Jedd Haas - Artist - New Orleans, LA (Currently exiled on the NJ shore)
http://www.gallerytungsten.com