OT: Just plain awesome.

One of my crew is a 20-year old 'extreme sports' fanatic. Skateboards, BMX, short stubby stunt skis, snowboarding...and he sometimes uses the expression "sick" to describe something awesome.

He would call this video "sick". (not 'sick' as in 'disgusting'.) I call it farking awesome...

( and one helluva soundtrack. Just absolutely fantastic piece of music..)

Reply to
Robatoy

Gifted athletes involved here. Also, YOUNG athletes. Definitely not for old farts.

I knew a few bicycle athletes when I was young. But these guys re in a catagory far beyond anything I ever saw or could do when younger. In fact my most daring bicycle tricks were disaterous attempts at negotiating some very steep hills. All resulted in smashed bikes and injuries. Nothing graceful or elegant in those episodes.

Thanks for making me feel so old.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Tomorrow is the last day that I am in my 50's. Monday I start a new life. Today I am practicing my new mantra: :"GET OFF MY LAWN!!"

When I was 14, I had a dirtbike called a CZ (Jawa) 125cc. I can't believe the crazy stuff we did. Then I had a 250cc Husky... even crazier. But at that age, you're invincible. Everything still bends a little at that age..now stuff just snaps. A rough weekend would keep you sore till Tuesday. Now it takes 3 weeks to be able to rotate my shoulder without wincing....and that is after slicing a whole loaf of bread! (Okay, I embellish)

Reply to
Robatoy

Fantastic!

Tell me: does he do all his own stunts?

Reply to
HeyBub

Visually impressive yes, and maybe I'm just a curmudgeon, but to me there's a fine line between this kind of behavior and Darwin Award candidacy. I have ZERO sympathy for any injuries incurred by these clowns.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

I agree. It would seem prudent to wear a little more safety equipment.

I also wonder how expensive it is to maintain the equipment for this kind of thing. I bet he goes through a lot of wheels and tires.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

that good.

What I'd really be impressed with is a video of these guys going back and repairing their vandalism. How about a video showing them re-painting the handrails they scratch up. Or straightening out the metal fence rails they bend, or fixing the other stuff they just plain break.

That would be impressive.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Just curious, What's her name?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I knew I was getting older the first time I pulled a muscle trying to scratch an itch on my back. Nowadays, I use the Cadillac of backscratchers. When you get older, you compromise.

Reply to
Upscale

Are you kidding? To people like that, any injury or scar is a badge of honour.

Reply to
Upscale

Elvira

Upscale

Guy has Absolutely No Sense Of Gravity!!

Thanks

Reply to
LD

I Remember those days, I had a 250 CZ and a 400 Husky too. Do you remember I think they call it a 125 super rat. My CZ was tricked out mag everything, drilled out disk brake anything to lighten it. Remember nailing a window with a rock at least 200' away, spinning the tire and digging a trench 6" deep throwing rocks and dirt everywhere. That CZ had Mucho Balls!!

Reply to
evodawg

That was sick and did like the soundtrack too. Unbelievable what this guy does with a bike!! Have to forward it to my son.

Thanks Rich

Reply to
evodawg

Mercedes. ;)

RicodJour

I did forward a link to my two sons who are avid bike riders (Colorado Triple ByPass, for example

)

My elder son's reply was:

"Yeah, but he's probably never kissed a girl!"

(sounded like a touch of envy to me).

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

Hey I had a Husky 250! The thing was bullet proof.....so was I back then. The video is brilliant. Thanks for sharing.

cm

Tomorrow is the last day that I am in my 50's. Monday I start a new life. Today I am practicing my new mantra: :"GET OFF MY LAWN!!"

When I was 14, I had a dirtbike called a CZ (Jawa) 125cc. I can't believe the crazy stuff we did. Then I had a 250cc Husky... even crazier. But at that age, you're invincible. Everything still bends a little at that age..now stuff just snaps. A rough weekend would keep you sore till Tuesday. Now it takes 3 weeks to be able to rotate my shoulder without wincing....and that is after slicing a whole loaf of bread! (Okay, I embellish)

Reply to
cm

That guy was slick, but he sure changes shirts a lot. '~)

Reply to
Leon

And t-shirts, did you notice how many he used in the video?

Reply to
Leon

It wouldn't look good with all the blood. Soooo....., the constant shirt changes.

Reply to
Lee Michaels