OT just for fun.:-]D

Part of the G-8/G-20 Summit talks revolved around a new standard for timekeeping, to bring us closer in line with new standards already adopted in Europe and Asia. By October, 2012, North America will have to adopt METRIC time standards and discontinue the old english system. That?s right, soon we will have 10 hours in a day, 100 minutes in an hour, and so on and so forth. What this means for us woodworkers is that we can tool up for a new clock face design, with one- o?clock thru 10- o?clock on the dial. This is going to be the hottest new woodworking product, which for now the conversion is being kept secret in anticipation of HUGE public resistance. All twelve-hour faces manufactured in the last 400 years will be obsolete. This is only phase one; a metric calendar with 10 months/year (and 10 days/week) is also in the works?There will be severe penalties under the law for violators, and anyone displaying the old 24-hour timepieces will be subject to criminal prosecution. I?m bringing this up only as a heads-up for woodworkers like myself looking for new product lines?.those metric battery-operated crystal quartz clock guts are already available through the usual outlets?who again will be subject to heavy fines if they are caught selling the old-style mechanisms.

the cast is made. the hook is set....:-D enjoy your 4th of july festivities.

skeez

Reply to
skeez

He who works by the inch, and talks by the yard, gets booted out by the foot.

the cast is made. the hook is set....:-D enjoy your 4th of july festivities.

skeez

Reply to
Josepi