OT: just a suggestion

Page 8 of 8
On 12/26/2015 9:52 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Not sure what you are trying to say here but I can assure you a weak digital signal will come in pixilated and is just about as bad as a bad analog signal. Been there seen that too many times.

not. If it is not there you get a black square in your video stream.
If that particular vireo segment was supposed to have a blue eye in it, it either had a blue eye or nothing. Not a green eye. Not a brown eye. Not an ear or a bird, and if there was a blue eye it was distinct, with no blurring or other distortion.
That is the nature of digital communication. There. Not there. Nothing in between. If the error detection/correction detects the lost segment and requests a resend - and gets it on time to pop it into the data train on time, there is no dropout. If not, you get the dropout - and most systems will only allow so many dropouts before they just blank.
doug_at_milmac_dot snipped-for-privacy@example.com says...

Either fiber to the node, which means that the copper runs to a fiber termination less than a mile away, or multiple copper lines.

Not what you think. It's digital carried on multiple analog carriers.
On Fri, 25 Dec 2015 01:54:48 -0000 (UTC), Doug Miller

Direct
Direct Subscriber Line

That varies by region. In this region, AT&T U-Verse is delivered over POTS wiring.
I assume Doug was referring to VOIP.
On 1/4/2016 8:49 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

I think my son is in a neighborhood like that, he can get Uverse but would be limited to "6" Mbps.

doug_at_milmac_dot snipped-for-privacy@example.com says...

Do you have DSL or do you have U-Verse? They are not the same.

True, you're right, it's Uverse. Anyway, nomorobo works with it.

I like the way Tom Mabe deals with cold calls ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAb8vGSRBoE

I've been using 'Phonetray Free' call blocker software for about 3 years and absolutely love it!
A forum discussion with screen shots: http://800auxiliary.com/viewtopic.php?f#&p 90#p732
Clean, free copy available for download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mswptxvxbl1a4k/PhoneTrayFree.exe

wow! People actually download executables from dropbox and run them? No wonder we have such a horrible problems with virii and spam.
(Scott Lurndal) wrote:

The copy of 'Phonetray Free v1.39' that I downloaded from http://www.traysoft.com (the creators of Phonetray) back in 2012 has a MD5 checksum of:
MD5: 238655BDA5B26B3FD532E3693824C5B7
https://web.archive.org/web/20120628083015/http://www.traysoft.com/
The dropbox link is the EXACT 'Phonetray Free v1.39' w/same checksum that was freely available from Traysoft's website until they started charging $30, for essentially the same product.
HTH

the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine download works as well...
https://web.archive.org/web/20120510101529/http://www.phonetray.com/ptfree_download.htm

So, you feel that pirating the software is the answer to their desire to profit from their labor?