OT: Just a lill' dustin', eh?

Page 1 of 2
We caught just a whiff of that Mofo that slipped underneath us. I get it...it must be close to Christmas. )..starting to look a lot like...... Ho ho ho ho..........ho-frickin'-ho.....
But, as I am just coming off a hernia repair 6 days ago, it is the kids who will clean the cars and driveways....that is if the little brats want to eat!!
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/snowDec16.jpg

I can see on the satellite that Tanus is escaping the brunt of it too. Buffalo, as per usual (Friends in Watertown always get 10 feet..lol). TO looks like you due some more. My MIL called from Digby NS and told me there was "a bit of a storm" brewing. I didn't have the heart to tell her that we may not hear from her for a few days..<G>
Happy digging, bro'!
Robatoy wrote:

We are??? I've shoveled three times and it looks like I haven't even been out in it. Took SWMBO's car out at 10 AM and there must be 8" of shit on it again.
OTOH, I'm not complaining much. No ice pellets, lots of wood on the stoves, and enough food to feed a small army here. We're ok. Yeah, keep sayin that buddy. Maybe you'll believe it soon.
But I'm glad to hear that Sarnia's missing most of it. My Mom is 85 and doesn't react well to snow. Or winter. Come to think of it, neither do I.....
--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.

I have a buddy in Gatineau, he's practically begged us to come skating on the canal. I figgurred...wtf? On thin strips of metal? In the cold?
Something's wrong with him.
Seriously, the bulk of that storm was way south of us.
<G>

get 2-3 inches - of SOAKING WET snow, which is now frozen. Streets are plowed nicely though. Hope the trains run well tomorrow.
--
Best regards
Han
Robatoy wrote:

I'm actually north of both Ottawa and Gatineau. We get a tad more here than in the city but if we missed the bulk of it, I have great pity (and not just a bit of glee) for the suckers who got whomped. I've spent most of the day shoveling and very little time in the shop today.
I skated on the canal in 1979. Froze my nads off. I'm still lookin for them. Probably with my skates which I haven't seen since either. I like winter for..no, not that...no, not that either. Um. I know I like it for something. Gimme a minute here. Oh, I remember. I like winter cause it's the season before bass fishing starts.
--
Tanus

This is not really a sig.
Robatoy said:

One nice thing about Florida, no snow - only snowbirds. Christmas lights lining the fronds of palm trees. Shirtsleeves. So, where is the snowman, and why aren't the yard apes out there with shovels in their hands?
Greg G.

I think I'd prefer the snow. Here in Central New York we're getting a bit right now. I'm happy to see it.
JP
Jay Pique said:

I drove through central and eastern NY a month or so ago. NY and CN, RI, MA, VT, NH, ME and everything in between there and GA. Last ditch trip of the season. Still cold as heck at night.
But seeing that most of the snowbirds are from New York, Illinois, and Ohio anyway, so you should be used to them. They aren't near the problem that their relatives/kids are. ;-) I can handle about one week of cold, and one snowfall - enough to throw a few snowballs and build a snowman. Anything beyond is too much. The interesting thing about Atlanta is that on the infrequent occasions that it snows these days, you can wait a few hours for the locals to either slide off the roads or lock themselves indoors, and the whole wide world is yours. The few people who venture out past that are either cops, crooks, or those experienced in the physics of cold weather driving.
As for me, the cold/snow means using up too much kero$ene to work in the shop. I'm off right now to pick up more insulation. Two days ago, it was 76, now it's 32. And it feels like snow...
Greg G.

I remember a storm that hit Atlanta many years ago (more than 10-15). The whole area was shut down. I recall that many people froze to death in their cars while stranded on the beltway (I'm not sure what the circle around Atlanta is called; probably Peachtree like every friggin street or road in Atlanta). It was a freak storm that the people were not prepared for.
Hank (Been lost many times looking for the the right Peachtree street, road, avenue.)
Jay Pique wrote:

We've have a bit of snow in Western New York as well... about 12" since this morning. I even thought about getting out the snow blower but decided it wasn't enough to bother with the machine.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Waiting until at least the 3rd foot? <G>
All of my father's cousins lived in Buffalo. The family pictures from up there always amazed me!

We've about 14" here in Eastern NY (Hunter). I have to get the snowblower out if I want to ski tomorrow because I can't get the damn truck into 4wd. The freaking shifter will not budge (time for a BFH).
Hank
Nova wrote:

These days, about all I remember about Upstate NY is a sliced roast beef sandwich served on a salted roll.
"Wick" something.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

A "Kummelweck" roll, the sandwich is mostly refereed to as a "Beef On Weck". If you're ever in the area, in my opinion, the best place to get one is a little place called "Schwabl's" just southeast of the city (with a picture of the sandwich):
http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID 7
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Did you go for Shouldice or the local hospital?

This particular surgeon has worked at Shouldice, but is now here locally.He even spoke English! His work is well respected by many. AND he had a sense of humour. When I asked him if it was what he had expected, his reply mentioned that somewhere in the hospital there is a screen-door missing.
"Robatoy" wrote

There ya go, your kinda a doc, both a handyman and a surgeon!
Robatoy wrote:

storms which left about 8" on the ground. It's about half melted now with another wimpy storm predicted for Wednesday. We need snow. About two feet or so to finally extinguish/smother the underground smoldering tree roots. Sunny and warm today; may hit 40 dF. Shorts and Ts weather (yeah, I know. My Florida BIL isn't buying any of this shit either.).
    Great Zot,     jo4hn
jo4hn wrote:

40's and shorts? Are you out of your mind? Here, that's parkas and fireplace weather.