OT. July 1st and 4th.

Wreckers and Wreckees!!

Just wanted to take a moment and wish all of my American and Canadian friends a great weekend. It is Canada Day July 1st and Independence Day July 4th. I will be celebrating both sides of the border all weekend long with bi-national friends from all over.

Raising a toast to my new-found acquaintances in the Wreck and I gotta tell you..this place is pretty damned cool.

CHEERS!

PS I am dumping my kill-file and starting a fresh one.. I'm hoping I won't need it much.

Reply to
Robatoy

Celebrating on both sides of the border??

Isn't there a law against that? ;)

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Only in Quebec where they celebrate Bastille Day

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Ok,

me first.

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

Nope. After all, we're all Americans. :-P

Reply to
Jerry S.

Naaaaa..I prefer to just ignore you.

Reply to
Robatoy

Do you have a lot of bi friends?

--

******** Bill Pounds
Pounds on Wood

He already admitted they're bi-national. They can't touch yer for it these days.

John

Reply to
John

Who is "we"?

Reply to
Bob Martin

Wellll..no..... I'm a Dutch born Canadian of Swiss ancestry....if that's okay with you guys... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Reply to
Robatoy

"Robatoy" wrote

But, do you have to wear the silly shoes?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 08:27:20 GMT, the opaque Bob Martin spake:

The VAST majority of those reading this newsgroup. Other than the few handfuls of Europeans, Aussies, and an occasional African (I'm from Nairobi, Maam. Isn't everyone?), we're all (South/Latin/North) Americans here, Bwana.

- This product cruelly tested on defenseless furry animals - --------------------------------------------------------

Web App & Database Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

By "we're all Americans", I was referring to the citizens of the United States of America and of Canada - the people who will be celebrating July

4th and July 1st, as indicated by the thread subject. I'm not saying everyone on the wreck is American.
Reply to
Jerry S.

Maybe the vast majority of *contributors* are American but how do you know that everyone in China isn't *reading* it? ;-)

Reply to
Bob Martin

Cuz the chinese government has strict controls on the internet. They strictly limit access because the feel that any free exchange of ideas will lead eventually to their downfall. Can you imagine the effects of unlimited access to the Wreck would have on the politics and economics of the People's Republic of China?

Reply to
Lee Michaels

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:04:59 -0400, the opaque Robatoy spake:

Here in the states we call that "Heinz 57" ancestry. (The Heinz company made 57 varieties of condom^H^Himents.)

- This product cruelly tested on defenseless furry animals - --------------------------------------------------------

Web App & Database Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 14:43:57 GMT, the opaque Bob Martin spake:

Because computers run by bicycle-powered gensets are less reliable? They tend to have either full-technology cities or fully-primitive cities over there, with few in between, though that's changing as we send our billions to them for every petty product known to man.

- This product cruelly tested on defenseless furry animals - --------------------------------------------------------

Web App & Database Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Bob Martin wrote in news:NyTwe.14169$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe5-win.ntli.net:

Because I'm pretty certain that this group has been blocked by PRC government as seditious, and often downright revolting!

Patriarch, veering dangerously further off topic...

Reply to
Patriarch

"But Sire, the prisoners are revolting!"

"You're telling me, they stink on ice"

(History of the World part 2)

Reply to
Robatoy

Okay, buddy, what's wrong with my shoes, huh? Is this a wood-related group or not, eh?

And, to paraphrase another well-known statement:

Shoes don't make people silly people make people silly.

Reply to
Robatoy