OT - joke

Page 1 of 2
Jon's working at the lumberyard, pushing a tree through the buzz saw, and accidentally shears off all ten of his fingers. He goes to the emergency room. The doctor says, "Yuck! Well, give me the fingers, and I'll see what I can do." Jon says, "I haven't got the fingers." The doctor says, "What do you mean, you haven't got the fingers? It's the year 2000. We've got microsurgery and all kinds of incredible techniques. I could have put them back on and made you like new. Why didn't you bring the fingers?" Jon says, "Well, heck, Doc, I couldn't pick 'em up."
Art DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate...

I'm not grasping this...
--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.

On Oct 11, 12:33 am, snipped-for-privacy@fellspt.charm.net () wrote: ."I'm not grasping this...
Somebody should have given him a hand?

Or just given him the finger and let him handle his only problems.
Andy wrote:

The doctor could have knuckled down and made it a joint effort perhaps?

The doctor probably shouldn't be pointing fingers and just do his job.
Robatoy wrote:

The doctor did.
AND NOW THE REST OF THE STORY
The doctor sent the emergency crew back at the accident scene to retrieve the missing fingers and reattachment surgery was scheduled.
The hospital staff mixed up the paperwork and mistakenly the patient's right leg was amputated.
Upon realizing the mistake emergency surgery was again performed only to have the paperwork fouled up for a second time and the patient's left leg was amputated.
A law suit was filed but when the case came to trial it was thrown out of court.
The judge ruled the patient didn't have a leg to stand on.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

I suppose an appeal would be his next step.
--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.

Doesn't work in any place where people do not habitually wear closed shoes. My question: why didn't he use his toes then?
Peter

Because it's a freekin joke..... Why didn't he just have a friend pick them up???

Bob Meyer (in NuaXg.1156$rS.993@fed1read05) said:
| Because it's a freekin joke..... | Why didn't he just have a friend pick them up???
'Cause none of his friends had fingers too?

Enough! I'm sick of these off-hand remarks!
--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.

snipped-for-privacy@fellspt.charm.net () wrote in said:

You've got your fingers in the jar now!
Puckdropper

Well, no one's going to hand it to me on a platter.
--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.

Morris Dovey wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out how he got to the hospital...
--

FF

I doubt he thumbed a ride.
snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote:

Do you suppose he let his fingers do the walking?
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
Mortimer Schnerd, RN <mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com> wrote:

I've gotta hand it to ya on that one.
--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.

We know he definitely didn't hitch hike.
--
No dumb questions, just dumb answers.

How would he have called a taxi?