OT: Jimmy@theshoppe (old over new)

Page 1 of 2

I posed a question to the group about applying new laminate over old. All reponses were not only proper, but encouraging; except for one. I try not to get into silliness with some of the people that have posted here. I don't want to do it now, BUT when people are trying to help others, why does a stain want to piss on the parade? I have no idea who this stain is nor do I know his childhood problems. I can probably guess though. Thanks to all for your help. Hank
It always makes the petty, ignored and unimportant feel like big shots to tear someone or something down.
I think that some here revel in the fact that no one is around to slap the shit out of them for their rudeness and poor manners.
I always imagine guys that have crap marriages that are ignored by their wives, kids, and fellow workers. Dead end jobs, two mortgages, and maybe even some just frustrated with retirement. Here, they can be a somebody, at least in their own minds.
But, that is the net. You can be whomever you want here, just as long as you don't get caught. That is why you have to develop the skills to immediately ignore (if possible, sometimes it isn't) some idiot that deliberately wants to ruin things.
Robert
"Small minds have small thoughts" - unknown
On 9 May 2006 23:03:54 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I make a SINGLE on topic post. Read the responses. If the Wreck circle jerk wants to play it's OK with me.:) I will reply to each of them in kind.

Upscale can't help himself.
snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe INCORRECTLY posted:
<<On 9 May 2006 23:03:54 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I did not say that. I never said that. YOU attributed that to me for some unknown reason. This is how shit starts.
If that was on purpose and not just sloppy posting, it is no wonder you get flamed.
Robert
On 10 May 2006 00:58:49 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

But how will it end? I will continue to make on topic posts from time to time. I started posting in this group in 1994. If I am stalked by the Wreck circle jerk trolls I will respond in kind. It's really up to them. They can grow up, or not. Either way I will continue to post here.:)
snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe wrote:

Kind of curious how you're proud of how long you've been posting, but you refuse to have your posts archived. You do realize that if you get any reply to one of your posts, your post will be archived anyway, right?

You are a moron. Where is the 'brag' dumbass.

Hi R,
I did not know about that. Does that mean that because of my psuedo author, etc my posts are not valid? My son told me to just fill in bogus info to avoid spam in my mail inbox. I'm not too savvy with a computer as I did not even use on until the late 90's.
Thanks for any help.

RicodJour is referring to a mechanism to request that usenet aggregators like Google not include your posts in their permanent storage. If you include the text:
in either your posting headers or as the first line in the text of your post, Google will remove it from their archive after one week.
Of course, as soon as someone quotes your post it's archived anyway.
On Wed, 10 May 2006 13:35:26 -0600, Village Idiot Dave Balderstone

And don't forget this village idiot third class and circle jerk troll Dave Baldestoned. This moron is really hilarious, especially when he doesn't mean to be.:)
Joe wrote:

Well, I guess the _content_ of your posts would determine whether they were valid or not. ;)

When you munge your email address, it is as your son said - it's to prevent web spiders from picking up email addresses and flooding your mailbox with spam. The archive thing is just as Dave said.
We were all newbies once - I'm just making a lifetime's work out of it!

But you will be a clueless moron forever. There is no cure for the stupidity you exhibit.

And that's exactly why you're a fuckwit extreme. It doesn't matter what someone says to you, a friendly comment or not. You'll reply with some inane reply that demonstrates how unarmed you are in a battle of words.
Welcome to Jimmy's world. A whipping boy par excellence. Too ignorant to ever carry on an intelligent conversation and too dull to know the difference. It might explain why you post in rec.woodworking but redirect replies to alt.idiots. Ain't life grand.

Consider Formosa's Law in dealing with Jimmy...
<http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/F/Formosas-Law.html
"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message

Yeah, I know (Upscale ashamedly hangs his head), but it's just so much fun and so easy to poke him and the stick doesn't even have to be sharp. I realize though, that true accomplishment comes from overcoming life's more difficult obstacles and this one certainly doesn't qualify as one of those.

You can't go through life only plucking the low-hanging fruit, me son. Extend yerself!
On Thu, 11 May 2006 06:43:54 -0600, Dave Balderstone

Yep.:)
On Thu, 11 May 2006 09:46:08 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe wrote:

I've decided it's unfair for this post to not be archived. :)
On Thu, 11 May 2006 03:02:39 -0400, Village Idiot Third Class "Upscale"

LOL! But look who's posting in alt.idiots. YOU! Mr Teksavvy himself. You really shouldn't brag about that when actually you are actually tech clueless.