OT: It had to happen.

Page 4 of 4
snipped-for-privacy@users.sourceforge.net says...

Problem here is that the problem is not congress -- the problem is the emperors and triumvirates we have sitting in the courts making laws or reading into laws things that were never there rather than interpreting and clarifying laws.
GERRY asks:

Yeah, many of us do. And many of us realize that the basis for the trade was often the selling of battle captives between tribes, as slaves, and to slave traders, often Arab, again as slaves.
But the BS artists continue to put up the claims that we're all now responsible for past slavery, and that even black who emigrated here from Jamaica 15 years ago are entitled to reparations for slavery...though most of us come from families that never owned slaves in the first place.
Sometimes, the PC types, conservative and liberal alike, get almost incredibly thick on the ground with silly demands.
Charlie Self
"Say what you will about the ten commandments, you must always come back to the pleasant fact that there are only ten of them." H. L. Mencken