OT: It had to happen.

Page 2 of 4
Mark & Juanita wrote:

Just you wait. Six months from now we'll be reading about it in the papers, and you'll find out Silvan was right about the whole thing. :)
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com says...

<snip of long quote and short response>
Trent, just a suggestion. When you give a short response to a long message, could you please only quote enough so we all know what you're responding to? It's a pain to page through the original to find that all that was added was a one-line comment :-).
--
Where ARE those Iraqi WMDs?

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 09:06:22 -0800, Larry Blanchard

I almost always do, Larry...and I was going to with that post also.
But then I thought...it would be good to post the whole thing...in case anybody might miss the original...because of bad or late servers.
Your point is well taken, though. I always crop. Well, ALMOST always! lol
Wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving season...
Trent

Makes ya wonder... Because of "master/slave's" S&M connotations, couldn't another "lifestyle" group claim that they are being discriminated against because LA County considers those words offensive?
Next on the agenda will be "primary" and "secondary" since the connotation is that one is superior, in some manner, to the other. We certainly can't have that thought running around in the common folk's head.
Legal Disclaimer: The necessity that one hard drive must, in some manner, be subordinate to another hard drive is not intended to address the circumstances of, or offend, any particular individual or entity and does not necessarily reflect the social mores of the manufacturer, its employees, heirs, and assigns. The manufacturer shall not be responsible for any angst, offense, or loss of self esteem due to the necessity of enabling multiple hard drive relationships. No one should enable a dependent feature without appropriate advice from an emotional care professional.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

This is a link to an old New Yorker magazine cartoon:
http://tinyurl.com/woxg
Perfect. The ability of some cartoonist's to capture the ridiculous and pathetic in human nature with a simple drawing and a few words is uncanny.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03
Swingman writes:

The good cartoonists are really good. Makes me recall a talk with my first MIL, some 35 years ago. She felt I was judgmental. I asked her why I had spent 30 years learning to MAKE judgements, if I were going to be non-judgmental. I'm still judgmental.
Oddly enough, she was a brilliant woman in most areas of life.
Charlie Self
"If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would promise them missionaries for dinner." H. L. Mencken
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 20:08:37 GMT, Scott Cramer

I know what the cartoonist means, but it also hit a cord of tragedy.
Swingman responds:

Ugh. I had just finished chewing a pecan sandy. Wish it had been coffee. Makes a nasty mess on the monitor.
Charlie Self
"If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would promise them missionaries for dinner." H. L. Mencken
Swingman,
Yeah, that's all fine and dandy, BUT what if the drives are consenting? Also, shouldn't they be able to marry?

ROTFLMAO !!!
Wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving season...
Trent

We might hafta change a whole lot of er, sorry...dependent....words, like...
dominantbator
dominant of ceremonies
post dominant
Wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving season...
Trent
Ahhh yes, the "Dominant Cabinetmaker" ... literally on top of his profession.
..oops, sorry!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

.... absolutely priceless! :-)

Interesting. What specific lessons are you referring to?
Bob

In this case, Bob, I think we're talkin' about slavery.
Wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving season...
Trent
Trent wrote:

I certainly wouldn't want to hurt my machines feelings by referring to it or it's parts as slaves.
--
Mark

N.E. Ohio
Yes, some of us know that. It is a relatively small but very vocal group who feel the need to apologize for being white, American, ect.

I guess we'll have to change the "male-female" designation for pipe fittings too. That offends me.
-JBB