OT... Is it just me? Sand bags in the winter.

I has a 2WD Mazda 2200. My neighbors all have big $by$s. I'm the only one not whining about the price of gas.

Reply to
Jimmy

Good for you! Please allow me to pat you on the back for owning the vehicle that's right for you.

In 8 months I have 2800 miles on this truck. Do I care if gas hits $5 a gallon?

FWIW, My "big" Taco gets about ~20 MPG, which is not bad considering it'll tow _TWO_ 2WD Mazda 2200's (6500 pounds). My old 22R powered 2wd Toyota pickup only got about 25, with no Access Cab, no 4WD, and 30% of the towing capacity.

I prefer my bicycle for errands whenever I can.

Reply to
B a r r y

Few cowpies takes care of that...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

I only did 1500 miles total last year. I walk to work 1/2 mile.

Reply to
Jimmy

Ya gotta understand that those californicators think that stucco is that plastic Dryvit crap not a cement based product with white stones in it ;-)

Reply to
Dave Hall

When you're Sicilian like me and live near NYC you don't think about putting extra weight in the trunk... If ya know what I mean...

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Dryvit! Nonsense, builders in California only use it when forced by the architect to achive some specific design requirement. Remember, we don't have to grind rock to get sand. We prefer real stucco out West. (And we like our Mag 77's al well!)

Dave

Teamcasa

You mean like the NJ troopers I used to see darn near dismantling a suspected drug running car on I80?

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Drove a Pontiac LeMans during college. It was absolutely the worst car on snow or ice you could find. I was one of those people that other cars had to drive around because anything over 35 on any amount of snow caused fishtailing. OTOH, when the roads were dry, that 350 V8 was awesome!

Mark & Juanita

Up until the Corvair, I think the best snow car I ever drove was my Mother's '53 Chev 6 w/Powerslide tranny. Only 2 gears, but if it was really slick, step on it enough to pick wheel speed up so it would shift into high, then it would walk right along. Just enough torque to keep going, not enough to break the wheels loose. We won't talk about it's wimpy dry road performance.

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

I was thinking more along the lines of organic material... Living or not. ...A joke of course.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill