OT:Is it just me, my wife, our friends and coworkers, or does that red haired kid on American Idol make you ill too? :)

Page 1 of 3
How did that carrot-topped kid get so far? Everyone I know despises his singing. WHO voted for him?
He may be a nice kid, but a popular singer? I just looked up his name: John Stevens.
And it's nice to see that Clay Aiken, who CAN sing, is getting the last laugh over Reuben.
Last night was especially painful to watch. Only George and one of the other girls sang well and on key.
News reports quotes: "they slaughtered Elton John".
dave
Self-quarantine works well for avoiding infection....

You think Clay can sing? Even his hair gets in a mess as a result.
of all the contestants in 3 seasons I'd rank him up there with Kelly Clarkson. He seems like a down to earth decent guy, to boot. Who's your favorite outta the 3 seasons?
dave
Leon wrote:

I don't watch that stuff, generally. I tend to like entertainers better if they make it up through the ranks on their own and are still known 5 years later.
Bay Area Dave goes on about

Now I know who watches that shite.

Even when I read what the thread was about, I still didn't know what it is about!! Greg (Who thinks about 95% of what is on network TV is just too stupid to bear!!)
If you up that percentage to about 99% you'll get my agreement, Greg. I don't watch current day sitcoms or dramas. I watch Judge Marilyn, the news, 60 minutes sometimes, and American Idol until (if) my favorites all get voted off. then I might watch it the way folks watch train wrecks.
when VCR's came out in the 70's I used mine all the time to tape good shows. Now it gathers dust. if it weren't for the CMT instructional videos, I wouldn't need the VCR any more.
dave
Greg O wrote:

My wife and daughter watch Survivor every week, never miss a show. I watched 10 minutes of it once, then when out to the shop to make wood chips. Don't get me wrong, I watch too much TV, buit I like movies, car shows, and ed-gi-ka-shun-al stuff! GReg
our TV is primarily an appliance to watch DVD's.
dave
Greg O wrote:

Greg O responds:

I don't even do much of the education stuff any more. Too many other things to do in life.
The reality shows start from such a flawed premise I did aboutlike you did, put in something under 10 minutes watching the first one.
Flawed premise: calling them reality. Take these turkeys to an island, set up cameras all around, with solar packs and auto upload to satellite, strand the participants there for 6-8-10 weeks with their rations. Longer is better.
Come back at the designated time and see what's left.
Charlie Self "Adam and Eve had many advantages but the principal one was that they escaped teething." Mark Twain
What the hell dose this have to do with woodworking?? Dave I am sure there are groups for this sort of topic. Do us all a favour if you need to see your name popping up on screen go to the right forum. I have seen of these pointless post from you and feel it is time I said something about it. Please keep on topic and do us all a favour.
Chris

notice the "OT" in the header?? You have absolutely NO self control do you? bite me. there are plenty of OT threads on NG's that are take up more "space" than this minor one.
Next time, just look at the header and then look the other way, JERK!
dave
Chris Melanson wrote:

Are you always this anal ?? Are you unable to take any type of criticism with out lashing out at people and throwing stones?

Yes, he is.

Yes, he is.
djb
--
Okay, so this is my new sig line, eh?

why can't you guys just hit the frickin' filter button and go on about your pathetic lives sans me?
dave
Dave Balderstone wrote:

number one, that attribute is not "anal".
number two, you were the jerk who attempted to coerce me into not posting anything OT. I don't usually, anyway. So get over it, this time.
learn what "anal" means. "Anal", in the context you used was completely off-base.
Therefore I get to label you a "moron" for ignorant use of the word "anal".
Ha!
dave
Chris Melanson wrote:

What the hell grade are you in Dave 1 or 2? I feel like I am dealing with a child here. I am not going to go down to your level and start throwing stones. I try to deal with people on a common sense level but like they say " common sense is the least common sense of all" No grow up a bit please And further more I do not feel I have to FILTER out anybody or thing because I believe I do not have to put blinders on myself and hide in my own little world . So as my felling do not get hurt if I see something I object to or an opinion that dose not match my own.
CHRIS

so you didn't go to the dictionary and look up "anal", did you? You are doomed to repeat your mistakes if you don't take constructive criticism to heart, Chris.
I could swear you were the first swing, my brain damaged friend. Who complained about the topic of this thread? huh? Y O U.
you didn't use common sense. you TRIED strong arm tactics. they didn't work and so you are pissed at your inability to control me.
talk about juvenile behavior. you take the cake. you want all threads to be on topic, yet you saw the header contained the requisite "O.T". You still felt compelled to "box my ears" for my "transgression".
You are already so far BELOW my level, you need an express elevator to get with 100 feet of me.
give it up, unworthy opponent.
plonk me now to save you any further embarrassment.
Folks are gonna see you were bested by me and snicker behind your back.
Cut your losses, my unwitted opponent. You couldn't win a battle of wits if I was asleep during the debate.
now run along...
dave
Chris Melanson wrote:

Her you go again making your self a target with your self proclaimed intellect. There are people out there that in order to feel good about themselves they have to insult and or belittle other people in order to hide there own insecurities in life and I do believe you fall into this category. Before you respond, take some time to think about it ok Dave it might be of some assistance in life
CHRIS