OT Irish Logic

The Irish are such clear thinkers:

'We, in Ireland, can't figure out why you in the US are even bothering to hold an election.

On one side, you have a bitch who is a lawyer, married to a lawyer, running against a lawyer who is married to a bitch who is a lawyer.

On the other side, you have a war hero married to a good looking woman who owns a beer distributorship.'

E-Mail I thought I'd share it seemed to settle the whole issue of who to vote for.

Reply to
Curran Copeland

the only problem is the war hero is to old and on not as sharp as he used to be.and the bitch is gone. the young and vigorous Harvard educated lawyer is the heroes opponent. the hero does not even have a chance.

Reply to
Leonard Shapiro

Reply to
Curran Copeland

You know, Curran, there is a reason God invented alcohol and put all of you on an island.

Reply to
Robatoy

An entirely subjective assertion, to be sure.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

ROTHFLMAO!!!!

And you know what, I think sometimes they are all the better for it!

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Reply to
Curran Copeland

LOL!

That is probably the clearest logic that anybody is going to be able to come up with for this election.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Yeah, the war hero doesn't have a chance against an orator and such an articulate quick-witted person like this:

"But," you'll say, "anyone can get tired and confused after a long period of campaigning and stress."

OK, would you be saying that if it was McCain who sounded this clear and articulate? My money would be on people saying, "yep, he's exhibiting signs of dementia, how can we entrust our country to him?"

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Yeah, if the one candidate would run on a platform of free beer every friday night, he'd probably be a shoe-in.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

What's the 'H' for, Hardwood?

Reply to
Brad Naylor

Hey... this is a woodworking group. I try to stay in the spirit of the group as much as possible.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

IMHO, it works something like this: The most likely person to become the next President of the USA is the person who is the best at "RUNNING" for office. Not the person with the most experience, or leadership, or policy, or plan for the future, no it is the party, advertisement (marketing plan), money for the advertisements, and skin deep beauty and glitz.

Again IMHO, other countries with a Parliament system, the PM tends to be a very articulate, persuasive, and a fast on his/her feet logical debater, because that is how you get to be the leader of your party in Parliament. But that does not mean such a PM is a good administrator (Leadership) of the Government Bureaucracy, Military establishment, and civilian police forces. But, and this is important, it usually does mean exactly that, a PM can learn to do those things (even if it is OJT,) because of his/her skills at the other stuff.

If you look at all the people who started out running for President of the USA back Last November, the two left standing are exactly the two who had the best 'whatever-it-is' to be the two left standing. (I know, not clear!) Since 1968 (Richard Nixon) the Advertisers and Marketing people have ruled the national elections. (there is actually a book called "Selling of the President" about that election and US Cigarette Advertising firm working for the Republican Party.)

The President of the USA is not a legislator, he/she is the commander and executive of the Government. This is a leadership role. Training should be command leadership, like being a Governor of a State, a General, or a Top executive of a very large public owned stock corporation. (BTW, IMHO, just military service as an office is not enough, it needs to be senior command leadership as in "You, yes you, go die in combat today because I said so" level power of command--so you learn not to say things like that!)

The fact that so many have attended law school only shows a basic level of intelligence. And maybe that somewhere they may have learned which fork to use in public.

I will now take my soap box else where.

Reply to
Phil Again

Wasn't it Ben Franklin who said,"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."?

Glen

Reply to
Glen

What's that old saying about the reason alcohol was invented was to keep the Irish from ruling the world?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Hey, Bush beat "Lo c k B o x" Gore. LOL

Reply to
Leon

The way I heard that one is "Sugar in the grape, and yeast on its skin, is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

Reply to
Doug Miller