OT - iPad in the news today ...

Page 5 of 5

??? how can one _under_-estimate such a culture? <evil grin>

As long as I get out of it what I want ... I really like my iPhone. ANd Swingman doesn't mind that I buy his music on iTunes. His Request Vol II saved my sanity as I was held captive by the PATH system this evening ...
--
Best regards
Han
On 2/3/2010 7:12 PM, Han wrote:

I like my iPod, although I don't use it as much as I used to with my blackberry playing most of the music on it, so I only need one device, plus the BB streams audio nicely.
I gifted my youngest with an iTouch for Christmas and was moderately impressed with it, but it is not something I have a need for.
The majority of the songs I've purchased on iTunes are now DRM free. I understand the driving forces behind proprietary devices, and particularly the need to enforce intellectual property rights, but would not buy a device that I did not have the ability to use "user created" content.
I do think that DRM is, and will continue to be, the single biggest hindrance to technological advance on the Internet ... it's why I think all this optimism among the unwashed masses with regard to HTML5 is premature. In short, content owners/providers will continue to throw every wrench they can into the works until the vestiges of all the old, pre digital, business models are a thing of the past. This is particularly true of video content, which would probably be the most appealing aspect of HTML5, IMO.
Glad you enjoy the album ... it should have been DRM free, right?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Yes!!! And yes.
--
Best regards
Han

I'm not a fan of that type of music but I can appreciate when something is well done. Good aren't they?