OT: internet problems, including Lee Valley

Lee Valley isn't accessible, and neither are 3 other websites I go to often, including another one located in Canada. anyone know what's going on?
Dave
David wrote:

I had no problem getting on Leevalley.com at 8:45 PM ET tonight.
Tanus
Tanus wrote:

hosed.
Dave
David wrote:

Lee Valley came back up. comcast support is too busy to answer calls. <g>
dave

If you are with AT&T or one of the Bell's I have been having a few problems also. I think it has something to do with the merge. Anyway if it is one of them you will probably be wasting you time as it will be back up before they finish asking if your modem or computer in on. Or which direction your computer is pointed, or if you know how to use the internet, or if after asking you to turn every thing off and change all of your internet settings or delete all your favorites or ,,,, you know everything that could be wrong with your set up before even considering that the problem is once again on their end.
"Leon" wrote in message

LMAO ... SWMBO recently, and on her own hook, had wireless roadrunner installed at the house for her laptop computing needs, but didn't bother me with the details.
24 hours and two technicians later I could tell by the long face that they still didn't have it working and asked her if she needed help ... ten minutes later I had it up and running for her.
It's pretty hard to believe the level of sheer incompetence in the workforce ... and damn scary.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05
David wrote:

My web site has been down for about 24hrs. The reason (so they say) is that some fiber trunk thingie is down in North America and there are intermittant outtages all over. Don't know... I've been at the computer all day and except for a few overseas sites, been able to access everything normally.... even my web host. Interestingly THEIR web site is still up.
Joe Barta
Hey Dave, I've had a lot of difficulty accessing rec.woodworking from home but at work it always loads easily. When I was able to get on at home and I tried linking to different sites they would display a file not found message. Somehow, this faulty address was saved in my cache and when I tried to access them later they would still present an error. Omnly after clearing the cache would the site laod properly. Are you still getting these errors? Marc
marc rosen wrote:

still down. Dave
On 17 Feb 2006, TAFKABAD spake unto rec.woodworking:

Nope. I'm going to guess there's a problem somewhere. Might extend into Canada.
I am growing very suspicious of your connections with Lee Valley.
You seem to 'name drop' them quite often.
--
Stoutman
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/index.htm
stoutman wrote:

Dave
David wrote:

Good luck, Dave. Leonard isn't known for them. I can stare out my window at the office and look kitty-corner to the flagship store in Ottawa. I'm there on a fairly regular basis and the store itself does have some 'bargain bins' of overstock things. But that's where the discounts end.
Having said that, I still sing the praises of the store, the stock, the knowledge and the reputation. And no, I have no affiliation, etc etc.
Tanus
after further attempts to get on LV, I find it's just the log in that fails. I can browse the woodworking tools.
dave
On 18/02/2006 12:41 AM, David wrote:

Yep, it's the HTTPS section of their site that seems to be down. So I called them just now. They're having problems that they're working on. (I'm in Canada, and I'm a networking guy by profession, so I generally know quite quickly when there are major Internet problems; that's not the case here).
<http://www.internettrafficreport.com/main.htm
Click around it for more surprises.
Canada's closed. Call back Monday.
Rob