OT: internet problems, including Lee Valley

Lee Valley isn't accessible, and neither are 3 other websites I go to often, including another one located in Canada. anyone know what's going on?

Dave

Reply to
David

I had no problem getting on Leevalley.com at 8:45 PM ET tonight.

Tanus

Reply to
Tanus

My web site has been down for about 24hrs. The reason (so they say) is that some fiber trunk thingie is down in North America and there are intermittant outtages all over. Don't know... I've been at the computer all day and except for a few overseas sites, been able to access everything normally.... even my web host. Interestingly THEIR web site is still up.

Joe Barta

Reply to
Joe Barta

Hey Dave, I've had a lot of difficulty accessing rec.woodworking from home but at work it always loads easily. When I was able to get on at home and I tried linking to different sites they would display a file not found message. Somehow, this faulty address was saved in my cache and when I tried to access them later they would still present an error. Omnly after clearing the cache would the site laod properly. Are you still getting these errors? Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

thanks. I'll call my ISP. too many sites at once tells me something's hosed.

Dave

Reply to
David

On 17 Feb 2006, TAFKABAD spake unto rec.woodworking:

Nope. I'm going to guess there's a problem somewhere. Might extend into Canada.

Reply to
Scott Cramer

Lee Valley came back up. comcast support is too busy to answer calls.

dave

Reply to
David

Marc, I rebooted for grins, and LV came up. A couple other sites are still down. Dave

Reply to
David

I am growing very suspicious of your connections with Lee Valley.

You seem to 'name drop' them quite often.

Reply to
stoutman

I can't get to China on Yahoo! Tom

Reply to
tom

I'm hoping for my first discount...

Dave

Reply to
David

after further attempts to get on LV, I find it's just the log in that fails. I can browse the woodworking tools.

dave

Reply to
David

Click around it for more surprises.

Reply to
Ba r r y

If you are with AT&T or one of the Bell's I have been having a few problems also. I think it has something to do with the merge. Anyway if it is one of them you will probably be wasting you time as it will be back up before they finish asking if your modem or computer in on. Or which direction your computer is pointed, or if you know how to use the internet, or if after asking you to turn every thing off and change all of your internet settings or delete all your favorites or ,,,, you know everything that could be wrong with your set up before even considering that the problem is once again on their end.

Reply to
Leon

Yep, it's the HTTPS section of their site that seems to be down. So I called them just now. They're having problems that they're working on. (I'm in Canada, and I'm a networking guy by profession, so I generally know quite quickly when there are major Internet problems; that's not the case here).

Reply to
Doug Payne

LMAO ... SWMBO recently, and on her own hook, had wireless roadrunner installed at the house for her laptop computing needs, but didn't bother me with the details.

24 hours and two technicians later I could tell by the long face that they still didn't have it working and asked her if she needed help ... ten minutes later I had it up and running for her.

It's pretty hard to believe the level of sheer incompetence in the workforce ... and damn scary.

Reply to
Swingman

Canada's closed. Call back Monday.

Rob

David wrote:

Reply to
Rob Stokes

Good luck, Dave. Leonard isn't known for them. I can stare out my window at the office and look kitty-corner to the flagship store in Ottawa. I'm there on a fairly regular basis and the store itself does have some 'bargain bins' of overstock things. But that's where the discounts end.

Having said that, I still sing the praises of the store, the stock, the knowledge and the reputation. And no, I have no affiliation, etc etc.

Tanus

Reply to
Tanus