OT: Interesting quote

I thought that some might enjoy this quote (which makes me chuckle a little bit at the general nature of human nature):
“At bottom every man knows well enough that he is a unique being, only once on this earth; and by no extraordinary chance will such a marvelously picturesque piece of diversity in unity as he is, ever be put together a second time.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1938.Friedrich_Nietzsche
Bill wrote:

I didn't intend to send the link that was in the original post. It ended up there by accident. I'm not promoting anything, except maybe poetic prose.
On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 15:33:01 -0500, Bill wrote:

Reminds me of Kipling's take on old men:
The Lamp of our Youth will be utterly out, but we shall subsist on the smell of it; And whatever we do, we shall fold our hands and suck our gums and think well of it. Yes, we shall be perfectly pleased with our work, and that is the Perfectest Hell of it!
The whole poem can be found at:
http://www.poetryloverspage.com/poets/kipling/old_men.html
--
This msg is for rec.woodworking - not homeowners hub.

Larry Blanchard wrote:

Thanks for the link, Larry. My quote was a little more cheerful (even if he was being sarcastic!) ;) Bill