OT: Interesting

Page 2 of 2

If you find a fossilized bone that carbon dating provides a range for its age of 100 to 150 million years old, you've made some serious mistakes as:
1) Carbon dating isn't useful for objects that old.
2) 100 to 150 My old fossil bones generally do not contain carbon. (There have been exceptions)
--
FF

Opinion is like flatulence. Everybody has it, and everybody thinks that everyone else's stinks.
IMHO the principle object of the recent much ballyhooed 'reform' of personal bankruptcy law was designed to steer people into the arms of predatory mortgage lenders by way of the mandatory 'credit counseling'. Thus person who might have declared bankruptcy and kept their homes, instead declared bankruptcy a year or so later and lost their homes.
It is particularly ironic that corporate bankruptcy was NOT 'reformed' thus allowing the management of Untied Airlines bankrupt the company and then use that bankruptcy as an excuse to break their contract and welch on their obligation to their pensioners,. Now, as a reward for that mismanagement, they have a big economic advantage over the better managed airlines.
Had UA been dissolved, the other, better managed airlines would have picked up their business, (we call this 'capitalism') and would have likely hired on most of UA's displaced employees. You and I would still be paying off their pensioners, but UA would not have been rewarded for bad business practices, and the better airlines not disadvantaged for good business practices.
--
FF