OT - Incorporating A/V racks into an entertainment center

If anyone here is interested, Middle Atlantic Products has their RackTools 3.0 software available for free download at http://www.racktools.com
It always seemed to me that using internal racks would provide easy access to A/V components in an entertainment center. In addition to their strength and adjustability, these units may help in the design process by allow for proper spacing, venting, etc. With the detail given by this software, one could design their entertainment center around it.
I particularly like the idea of using one of their slide out racks, which would give me access to the components from the front. As I'm still in the planning (dreaming) stages, I have yet to use any of their products. All I need to do is get around to building one someday.
The usual disclaimers apply here. I have to connection to this company, other than having an interest in using their products.
Any comments posted to the group would be of interest.