OT: Imaged my First Deep Sky Object

I still miss the safari jacket the USAF gave me in 1961. Unfortunately it did not last as long as the boots and I grew a bit. The uppers on the boots wore out after 25 years. I figure the soles and heels were good for another

  1. Still had nail holes in the heels.
Reply to
Lobby Dosser

On 9/1/2010 8:11 PM, Marty wrote:>

Have you seen what some are doing with astro video cameras? Check out the Night Skies Network. They are a group that broadcast live astro video.

on any site that's highlighted in red.

I bought a Mallincam a while back. I'll likely never buy another eyepiece again.

LdB

Reply to
LdB

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Marty

Amateur astronomers have been doing amazing things with video and stuff.... I've seen pictures of Mars taken by amateurs during the last apparition that showed more detail than pictures taken with the largest professional scopes in the world just a few years earlier. Some technique involving stacking numbers of individual video frames or something. Wonderful stuff! As for me, I'm just a low tech, star hopping, sight-seer with a worn out coat. I get a thrill out of having ancient photons rattle down through my telescope, hit my retina, and stop, after millions of years of travel. :) I don't mean to hijack this thread... Congrats to GarageWoodWorks for doing something I've never done! =20 Marty

Reply to
Marty