OT: Imaged my First Deep Sky Object

Page 2 of 2

On 9/1/2010 8:11 PM, Marty wrote:>

Have you seen what some are doing with astro video cameras? Check out the Night Skies Network. They are a group that broadcast live astro video.
http://www.nightskiesnetwork.com /
Click on any site that's highlighted in red.
I bought a Mallincam a while back. I'll likely never buy another eyepiece again.
LdB

Amateur astronomers have been doing amazing things with video and stuff.... I've seen pictures of Mars taken by amateurs during the last apparition that showed more detail than pictures taken with the largest professional scopes in the world just a few years earlier. Some technique involving stacking numbers of individual video frames or something. Wonderful stuff! As for me, I'm just a low tech, star hopping, sight-seer with a worn out coat. I get a thrill out of having ancient photons rattle down through my telescope, hit my retina, and stop, after millions of years of travel. :) I don't mean to hijack this thread... Congrats to GarageWoodWorks for doing something I've never done! Marty
Nice set. Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net "Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Originator & Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /