OT: If they had just changed the references a little

I picked this up on another forum, and lot of it rings true. Most guys I know can relate to at least <<some>> of this, and I don't think it has much to do with what color, creed, religion or affiliation you have. It has a lot to do with being a man, though.
If they had just put "American Male" in the article as their reference, I think it would have been a lot more popular, and probably rung a bit more true.
http://www.aspentimes.com/article/2008198091324
It touches on things my buddies and I have been talking about for some time. Never in the company of strangers, though.
Robert

I have to agree. I saw Hillary talking to a large group of "voters" that will probably be voting in the election. One stepped up to her and started rattling off something in the only language that she probably knew, Spanish. Probably something to the tune of "We will vote early and often on election day, VIVA MEXICO".

Yeah, it's all because of those damn Mexicans. And before that it was those Boat People, and before that it was those Jews, and before that it was those Irish, and before that it was those damn Puritans.
--
This Administration begs the question: WWJT?

_____
Owen Lowe

It? What is because of those Mexicans? I was pointing out that Hillary has a voter base because of the illegal Mexicans. Not that it whould matter because every one knows that they cannot vote. ;~)

Leon, Leon, Leon. That's utter bullshit and you know it. Not that it matters. Unless things take a drastic swing, the Democratic candidate will be Barack Obama. He has his own constituency.

Well, Hillary does have other legitimate voters but the group she was speaking was 99% Mexican and I only heard Spanish. The part that gripes me is that they will vote legally or not and that is a real problem in the Houston area. Houston these days is a majority population of Hispanics. Then last spring and summer the Mexicans were holding illegal marches carrying the Mexican flag and the US flag upside down below it chanting take back Texas. This was happening in Houston. The Mexican kids were skipping school to attend with their parents.

And the next President will be John McCain.
--
FF

Anything is possible. As a man, I really like Senator McCain. He is by far the most admirable politician I can recall, maybe since the days of "I Like Ike," back when I was too young to vote. I do NOT like his support of the war in Iraq, but, then, I don't like Clinton's take there, either, with an immediate pull-out. Obama doesn't seem to have a take, except that he's agin those who voted for it. And that's what worries me about Obama: he is for change and against a couple of things, but what change, why, and how much? Sure, we need to kick out the rascals. We always need that. We need to change direction. No question. But let's have a word or two on what direciton he thinks the country should go, and how it should be working to get there. Don't talk to me about change unless you have some express changes in mind.

Someone speaks Spanish and you conclude that not only are they Mexican, but also illegal.
I've got news for you, this is the United States of America and our citizens are free to speak any damn language they choose.

That and they don;t have any particular reason to try.
I found it very interesting that in the voter id case recently heard by the USSC, the persons defending the law were unable to cite a single documented case of some one not eligible to vote impersonating a registered voter at the polls.
I guess some people think that there is a vast left or right wing conspiracy to hire armies of illegals to impersonate dead voters at the polls. The sheer logistics of managing such a thing at all, let alone keeping it a secret, dissuade any sensible person from believing that is how voter fraud is done.
I have know first hand experience but my guess is that after stuffing the ballot box (or the technological equivalent thereof) the perpetrator then goes to the registry and enters a number of signatures for no shows, equal to the number of phony votes. Some of those no shows will be dead of course.
A friend works the polls in Altadena CA. In the recent primary they had one more vote cast than there were signatures of registered voters on registry. She said that is the closest they have ever come to the two being equal.
I'm confident that voter fraud is committed by a few persons among the poll workers.
--

FF

Yeah, Clonton spoke to the lady and she jabbered back to her in Spanish. Not too many legals attending political meetings that do not speak English. When you run in to whold groups of Hispanics that cannot speak English regardless of age, they are typically illegal.

You don't say.

Ok, I'll let you slide on this one because you simply are not aware of the problem. I have a friend that is heavily involved in the election procedures and processes during the elections. He has mentioned time and a gain how much voter fraud goes on every election. As I mentioned they vote early and often, different locations under different names and registrations.

I find that shocking.
message

I'd be interested in knowing how the fraud is committed, and why it continues with your friend being aware of how it is committed.

Not I. I figured the people who rig elections have much better ways of doing so.
--
FF

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:05:16 +0000, Fly-by-Night CC wrote:

Did everyone see the recent prediction that our population would reach approx 450 million by 2050?
I don't care if they're white, black, brown,red, yellow, or polka-dotted, that many people is bad news! We'll probably have to conquer Canada for water!