OT: I KNEW you' Merkans knew how to fix stuff:

Page 6 of 14
On 4/26/2011 11:13 AM, David Paste wrote:

Yes it is. Once you enter the water, you gotta swim.

Not that simple. He said something, you said something. Once all you have to say is "crap" or "douche-nozzle", well, you sink.

If you are not interested, you get out of the water, which is what you are trying to do, I reckon.

Getting in or out of an argument or debate does not make you an ass. Getting into an argument and responding with things like, you're a monster, you're a douche-nozzle, Crap, Bullshit and not expressing support for those statements makes you look like an ass.

Relentless perhaps, but as for ludicrous, that's not something you can prove with words like Crap, Bullshit, douche-nozzle and so on. If that's ALL you have left to say, it's best to get out of the water.
--
Jack
✖

I have NO idea why you are still on and on about this. Take a deep breath and let it go.
I will call you Jack from now on, okay? There, there, all better.
Add pictures here
✖

No it doesn't.

Already dry mate.
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 25, 8:01 pm, snipped-for-privacy@rahul.net (Edward A. Falk) wrote:

Ha! Very good!
Add pictures here
✖
"Tim Daneliuk" wrote in message

When atheists knock on your door and offer you pamphlets trying to get you to share their beliefs then you can call it a religion.
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/25/2011 12:52 PM, DGDevin said this:

You mean like Steven Jay Gould howling about how science obviates the need for religion (a claim that lies far outside the ability of science to make for itself)?
You mean like the ACLU and various other pro-atheist organizations intruding in local communities and using legal harassment to prevent them from engaging in voluntary public religious expressions such as valedictorians referring to their faith in their commencement addresses?
You mean like harassing governors attending prayer breakfasts for public figures on completely fabricated Church/State separation grounds.
You mean like all manner of atheists declaring that a life of faith is anti-rational and then swearing, spitting, and howling when their inability to construct an normative moral system is pointed out?
They don't have to knock on my door. The religion of atheism is effectively the religion of the state which is SUPPOSED to be completely secular and neutral on the matter... they're already in all our houses.
Tim Daneliuk
✖

Tim, are you sure it was Gould that said that, and not Richard Dawkins?
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/25/2011 3:22 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

I do stand corrected. It was Dawkins I was thinking about..
Add pictures here
✖

It just sounded a little bit too harsh to be Gould, whose writings always demonstrated respect for those who hold religious beliefs even though he disagrees with them. Dawkins, on the other hand, does not bother to disguise his disdain and contempt for believers.
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/26/2011 9:18 AM, Doug Miller said this:

I always figured Dawkins is terrified he might be wrong ...
Tim Daneliuk
✖

Indeed, that might be something to worry about. If I'm wrong, and there really isn't an afterlife, oh well, when I'm dead I'm dead, and that's that. OTOH, if Dawkins is wrong, and there really is an afterlife, I don't think he's going to enjoy it much.
Add pictures here
✖
On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 21:47:27 +0000, Doug Miller wrote:

While a lot of fundamentalists would disagree, many mainstream religions teach that if you follow your conscience you'll be OK. That would even apply to suicide bombers so it certainly would cover Dawkins :-).

✖

However, they also teach that it is the individual's responsibility to ensure that his conscience is properly formed, that is, that his conscience conforms to God's law as best he is able to understand it. IMHO that certainly excludes suicide bombers and probably Dr. Dawkins as well.
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/26/2011 4:47 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

I believe it was Pascal that first argued this very view.
Add pictures here
✖

He was under pressure to do so...
Add pictures here
✖

That speaks volumes...

✖
On 4/27/2011 5:03 AM, Larry W wrote:

You are being intemperate ...
Add pictures here
✖

Yes, as an argument in favor of belief -- but I think it's unpersuasive in that context: does he truly believe, who believes only because of this?
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/26/2011 9:41 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

Well, that IS the question, I suppose. But at least he was willing to undertake the question in the first place.
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 02:41:10 +0000, Doug Miller wrote:

Now there we agree - sorta' reminds me of "It's not nice to fool mother nature" :-).

✖