OT: I KNEW you' Merkans knew how to fix stuff:

Page 5 of 14
On 4/24/2011 6:00 PM, David Paste wrote:

The "lot of us" gave up on him because they come unarmed in a battle of wits. Most of them, like you in this thread, end up with worthless interjection instead of reasonable response. For example, "Bullshit", "what kind of monster are you" and "Crap" are worthless diatribe unless some attempt to back up your argument is made. Not saying you can or can't back up your empty responses, but when you don't, you automatically lose the debate and end up looking like a fool.
Read Roboboys responses to krw for a prime example of a fool with nothing worth while to say.
--
Jack

Can't say I agree with much of what you've written regarding my conduct due to the context. Anyway, as I've said, I'm sorry for falling under the bridge. I've managed to escape and will do my best to refrain from replying to him (on O/T posts) again.
On 4/25/2011 12:40 PM, David Paste said this:

Let's review what happened:
- I commented that the ACLU is strangely silent when the views of atheists are promoted (which I consider a religion in its own right) while going after traditional religion with great vigor. I wasn't attacking atheism , I was attacking the inconsistency of the ACLU.
- You decided to defend atheism (which no one, least of all me, was attacking at that point).
- At no point did I attack your person or character personally. I attacked the *ideas* latent in the system you were defending.
- At no point did I flog a particular religious or theistic worldview. I merely pointed out why I think atheism is a corrosive worldview.
Your views are not immune from criticism if you choose to air them publicly. This is not "trolling", it is called having a "conversation". In a public forum, with lots of pluralism, people are bound to disagree. Unfortunately, as Mr. Stein rightly points out, the "Wreck" here is noteworthy for people resorting to profanity and name calling when they don't like someone's ideas and/or cannot defend their own.
So, welcome to the Wreck, it's looks like you'll fit in fine. HOW you fit in is up to you...
Tim Daneliuk

In your case, it is trolling because you have not once in a number of years contributed to any woodworking knowledge which is the primary focus of this newsgroup. You only jump in when some political or religious topic presents an opportunity for you to inflame it further.

Well, I don't like you trolling in this newsgroup so go Fuck Yourself.

*GASP*!!!
I've managed to escape and will do my best to refrain from replying to him (on O/T posts) again.
And then finally, you have to learn from replying to Jack Stein who is and was the original recipient of the name "douche nozzle". As far as Tim Daneliuk goes, no one ever claimed he wasn't intelligent. He just suffers from an extreme excess of verbal dirreahea. He has not once in his several years here has he contributed to any woodworking knowledge. In other words, ALL his posts are O/T. Tim's only goal is to irritate and inflame political or religious threads to the point of absurdity. Any particular point or mistake you catch him on will be completey ignored with his counterpoint in another completely different area.

OK thanks for the insight. Good ol' usenet!
little of worth.
Yo!! Jacko!!!! Where the hell have you been, you Douche-nozzle, you!!
On 4/25/2011 2:54 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Been pursuing other interests, like a little woodworking in my shop. Between projects so jumped in the water for a bit to blow off the sawdust.
--
Jack
So what did this jerk say that got him beaten up by a bunch of alleged southern rednecks?

snipped-for-privacy@sdf.lNoOnSePsAtMar.org says...

"Your dead buddy deserved to die?"
J. Clarke wrote the following:

Who died?
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

The person whose funeral the Westboro loons were in town to disrupt.
J. Clarke wrote the following:

I'm sorry, the thread drifted and I got lost. Was I supposed to be for whatever it was, or against it? I'm good either way.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Larry W wrote the following:

What his belief was that... ...every soldier that dies in war deserves it, whether or not he is gay. Those attackers were easy on him.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Larry, I find it fascinating that you use Civil Rights analogies to defend Westboro Baptist Church, whose offensive behavior is motivated by their opposition to gay rights.
You would be more credible if you berated Westboro for their gay-bashing than you are berating "rednecks" for their Westboro-bashing.

Well, I believe in equal opportunity trolling. :)
plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)
On 4/25/2011 3:26 PM, Larry W wrote:

<snip>
Tell you what Tim, you live your life, I'll live mine, and we can agree to disagree on whatever we please.

Not really worthless as they neatly conveyed my idea of hi weird statements. It's not up to me to prove my point of view, he was on the attack, so he has to support his claim. Simple as that. I'm not interested in being dragged into any discussion about his clumsy straw- man arguments, or bizarre sophistry. But I did! And yes, I know that makes me the guy on the right in this image:
http://rationalwiki.org/w/images/7/71/Internet_argument.jpg .

OK, but the relentless way with which he pedals that ludicrous view is something I would consider nasty.