OT: I KNEW you' Merkans knew how to fix stuff:

Page 1 of 14
Copied and pasted:
============= Saturday USMC Staff Sgt. Jason Rogers, who was killed in action in Afghanistan April 7, was buried in Brandon, Mississippi. That, by itself, is a sadly unremarkable - though certainly noteworthy and solemn - occasion for us to mark.
And in fact when Sgt. Rogers' body returned to Brandon it was greeted by hundreds, or perhaps even thousands, of well-wishers who gathered at the roadside to honor the fallen American hero. The dashboard camera from Mississippi state trooper Elmo Townsend's cruiser gives an indication of the scene last Thursday.
What is most notable about Sgt. Rogers' funeral in Brandon, however, is what didn't happen.
You see, the troglodytes from Westboro Baptist Church had threatened to spew their poison at Sgt. Rogers' funeral. But the Westboro mob wasn't on the scene, and Sgt. Rogers was laid to rest without incident - thank God.
Why weren't there protestors? Planning ahead by the locals, as it turns out.
From an Ole Miss sports message board, a tidbit of information...
"A couple of days before, one of them (Westboro protestors) ran his mouth at a Brandon gas station and got his arse waxed. Police were called and the beaten man could not give much of a description of who beat him. When they canvassed the station and spoke to the large crowd that had gathered around, no one seemed to remember anything about what had happened."
Rankin County handled this thing perfectly. There were many things that were put into place that most will never know about and at great expense to the county.
Most of the morons never made it out of their hotel parking lot. It seems that certain Rankin county pickup trucks were parked directly behind any car that had Kansas plates in the hotel parking lot and the drivers mysteriously disappeared until after the funeral was over. Police were called but their wrecker service was running behind and it was going to be a few hours before they could tow the trucks so the Kansas plated cars could get out.
======== Put the biggest smile on this face...... "no one seemed to remember anything.." LMAO
In spewed forth:

and people think rednecks are stupid<g>

"Good is better than evil because it's nicer."         -- Mammy Yoakum
On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 22:25:12 -0400, Steve

Har! Now ask him why Christians usually AREN'T being kind and how that little tidbit fits in their world view. Most churchgoers just pay lip service, they don't live the self-professed worldview. 90% of the people who've screwed me in business have been so-called Christians. It's those 90% who give the other 10% a bad name. Nowadays, if I see an IXOYE fish on a business card, I walk away without a word, certainly not doing business with them.
Non-Christians are as nice or nicer. And I haven't seen _any_ grand negatives or evils from the atheists I've known. Agnostics are the most fun. <titter>
-- Make up your mind to act decidedly and take the consequences. No good is ever done in this world by hesitation. -- Thomas H. Huxley
On Sun, 24 Apr 2011 22:25:12 -0400, Steve wrote:

That statement alone could be, and has been, debated forever :-).

In article

<Big SNIP>
Hooray!!!
--
Stuart Winsor

Midland RISC OS show - Sat July 9th 2011
[...]

Somebody got beaten in a petrol station because of his political/religious views, not one of a number of witnesses wants to speak out and you think this is a reason to smile/laugh.
Huh?
Tim W
On 4/20/2011 5:45 PM, David Paste wrote: ...

Exceptin' those who think like themselves, that is... :(

Not really, 1st Ammendment basically trumps everything except actual physical injury or threat thereof. Words alone and/or being an obnoxious ignorant sob ain't enough. They (Westboro Baptist, that is) recently won a Supreme Court decision that struck down most of the laws that have been attempted to curb most egregious of their behavior (unfortunately for the result, in reality there's really no good alternative in the US system and I'm not at all sure I'd want there to be).

Coming from a different culture, this baffles me. We can basically say what we want here, but if we cause a nuisance, then we have to shut up. There is a difference between free speech and causing trouble through wilful churlish selfishness. Vive la diffrence, I suppose!

No, someone got beaten because of his intention to disrupt the burial of an American soldier, a hero. I can certainly think of a number of lesser reasons to beat someone. Kudos to Rankin county and its inhabitants.
"Tim W" wrote:

The technical name for the process is known as an "Attitude Adjustment", something that group sorely needs.
Often times administered with the heel of a boot and/or a baseball bat, if handy at the moment.
Lew
On 4/20/2011 7:56 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

What he said ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Nope. Here in the U.S. we have what's called "freedom of speech". It was precisely that sort of restriction that caused us to decide we didn't want to be ruled by the British monarch, some 235 years ago.
Tim W wrote:

Uh, yeah. Sure.
Don't you?

You are an astonishing idiot for picking that out of this mess.
-Zz

I am not an american so I don't know much about the background to this mess but I gather from the replies that I hadn't misread or misunderstood the account fictional or not.
Tim W

I'm not an American either, but perhaps you should acquaint yourself with the full story of this nut ball religious group before you comment on whether someone deserved a beating or not. You may or my not have misunderstood the little you read, but your comment on the topic is lacking a substantial amount of information.
wrote in message

No, no, no, no.
Nobody deserves a beating for speaking his mind. I don't care what kind of nutball you think he is.
A place where a bunch of thugs publicly beat up people they don't like and nobody is arrested, nobody complains and everybody thinks it is a joke - that is sicko country.
You may or my not have

Tim w
On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 14:09:06 +0100, Tim W wrote:

basilisk

I hope never to go there.
Tim W