ot I hate snow

Page 3 of 3
Mark & Juanita wrote:

We have a customer who came to Tucson from your area of the country last Thursday. Friday, he called me and said his flight had been canceled and he was scheduled to go out Saturday morning. Fortunately he had kept his car and hotel room. Got a call Monday morning -- he was still in Tucson and came in to do some work. He was scheduled to leave Tuesday morning. This afternoon one of our other people got a call -- he's still stuck here. It's going to take days for the air traffic to clear up after this is all over.
[fixed the grammar from the last post, got interrupted]

Rob Leatham
Start designing a delivery system - e.g. like those used to fill Silos! Wood transits a tunnel to the local crib. House end has the switch. Auto hopper on the far end - e.g. a silo.
We expect hours of ice and then snow on top. My porch crib is full.
Martin ;-)
lennn99 wrote:

Would you folks who live in the Mid-Atlantic and who took all our snow please give it back? Here I Michigan, we are way below normal snow fall. Even with the six inches that fell yesterday but we are still at less that half of our normal snow fall for this time of winter season. If this continues, it could translate to low water levels in our lakes and rivers.

I'd be happy enough with a few snow days in London ON where the snow usually passes to the north or south of us. Not that we don't have some snow, but I like the way it muffles sound.
The weird thing is that the cold has moved South but the area between the shore ice and pack ice above the Arctic Circle is open enough for research vessels to continue sailing.
...according to one of the researchers, that's never happened before.

In Toronto over the last couple of days, we've had 3-5 centimeters. Considering the total snowfall we've had this winter, that's a lot. We're on course for a record minimal amount of snow this winter. I think it's great.
Used to be that winter was good for throwing a few snowballs and cooling off my beer. Not enough snow for either of those things this winter. Might even make me rethink my moving down south somewhere when I win the lottery. When I do, you're all invited to the party.
Aw, I feel for you guys - NOT. Suck it up. At least you guys don't have to deal with that shit all winter, every winter. I do. I'd move if I could. Since I can't I'll deal with it and not complain. The people in Haiti have something to complain about - you guys don't.

I told a fellow the other day "The next person who says this is such a pretty snow is gettin' punched. We have had a glacier at the end of our driveway since mid December from continuous removal and piling. But I cannot imagine what you folks are going through. We have had about 25 inches in SE Kansas this winter which is a lot. You guys have well exceeded that in days.
Good Luck and keep the fridge full of beer.
RonB