ot I hate snow

I told a fellow the other day "The next person who says this is such a pretty snow is gettin' punched. We have had a glacier at the end of our driveway since mid December from continuous removal and piling. But I cannot imagine what you folks are going through. We have had about 25 inches in SE Kansas this winter which is a lot. You guys have well exceeded that in days.

Good Luck and keep the fridge full of beer.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

RE: Subject

It is being reported that 49 of the 50 states have/had snow on the ground today.

Welcome to winter.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

What was 50?

Reply to
LDosser

I heard that yesterday as well. What state does not have snow is what I did not hear? Hawaii has snow on top of the some of the volcanic mountains.

Mike > RE: Subject

Reply to
Michael Kenefick

According to my morning newspaper, Hawaii is the only one that doesn't have snow on the ground anywhere right now.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Your paper is wrong. Mauna Kea on the Big Island has snow pretty much year round. LOTs of snow this time of year.

Reply to
dadiOH

Hawaii? You know, Hawaii five-oh. ;-)

Reply to
krw

They do get snow on the summits.

Reply to
LDosser

I think the Hawaii is the only state without snow, but in any case, Hawaii is number 50. ;-)

Reply to
krw

krw

RE: Subject

Looked out my window and saw snow on the mountains to the north while the thermometer registered 74F this afternoon.

Now I remember why I moved to SoCal.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

One reason I moved to Alabama, from Vermont, though the 75% reduction in my property tax was incentive enough. ;-)

Reply to
krw

Folks visiting us in Las Vegas (Henderson) had difficulty grasping that our other place (a cabin on Mt. Charleston) had a totally different climate. Less than 55 minutes door to door, we could leave the cabin in a blizzard and arrive at our other house in Henderson with snow still on the car, but in 70f temps. It was great explaining to people that we couldn't be "there" (wherever that might be) due to a blizzard snowing us in.

Reply to
Nonny

Read elsewhere that even Hawaii is getting snow on one of its highest peaks. That would make 50/50

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

So, which seven don't have snow?

Reply to
-MIKE-

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 17:13:36 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following:

So, which was it that drew you there, Lew? The mudslides, the earthquakes, the droughts, or the bikinis?

The bikinis are one of the very few things I miss from LoCal.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Along with the fact that is is so difficult to offend the community standards.:)

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 17:58:02 -0600, the infamous snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) scrawled the following:

Ah, that, too, Bobby.

-- It's a great life...once you weaken. --author James Hogan

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 16:35:33 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following: