ot I hate snow

Page 2 of 3

STOP!!
Warning to all. My AV software, Kaspersky, went apeshit at this site. Warnings about various malicious software, worms, and probably dandruff too.
Could be false alarms, just thought I'd pass it on, but it won't allow me to access the site, and that's sufficient for me. Kas was my second line defense (first was a complete hard drive backup) back in the days when I thought I wanted to know lots about hackin' and crackin'.
Regards, Roy

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 21:09:39 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy

Um, you guys can HAVE those cold and snowy climates.
-- It's a great life...once you weaken. --author James Hogan
On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 08:55:06 -0800, Larry Jaques

What, too cold for you to wear them where you are now? ;-)
scrawled the following:

It's the waxing that bothers him ...

and then having to sit on that polisher!
krw wrote:

Read elsewhere that even Hawaii is getting snow on one of its highest peaks. That would make 50/50

Rob Leatham
On 2/13/10 11:13 PM, Mark & Juanita wrote:

So, which seven don't have snow?
--

-MIKE-

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100213/ap_on_re_us/us_united_states_of_snow
I heard that yesterday as well. What state does not have snow is what I did not hear? Hawaii has snow on top of the some of the volcanic mountains.
Mike in Ohio
Lew Hodgett wrote:

[top posting corrected; please don't do that]

According to my morning newspaper, Hawaii is the only one that doesn't have snow on the ground anywhere right now.
Doug Miller wrote:

Your paper is wrong. Mauna Kea on the Big Island has snow pretty much year round. LOTs of snow this time of year.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

I think the good people in Vancouver are paying for it, right now.
Send it to THEM ;-)

We only got about 5 inches of snow today. In this part of the country, we are far behind what we normally have for snow at this time. I think we are only at 23" for the year. Luckily it has stayed south of us.
Allen

Three years ago we had a 36" snowfall in our yard followed by 24" about a month later, in addition to the little 4"-6" stuff every few days. We only had 5" last year and haven't had *any* this year. ;-)

Did I hear they were trucking in snow for the Olympics? I did look at Accuweather.com for Vancouver and did not see where it got down to or below freezing for the next 15 days. All those days with precipitation in the forecast called for rain or showers. Maybe at the higher altitudes . . . .
Dave in Houston
lennn99 wrote:

60 degrees and sunny here. Lots of snow in the mountains but never here... I can see it from my back porch, think I'll go skiing tomorrow morning, hahaha then maybe surfing tomorrow afternoon!!!
--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK !
"Evodawg" wrote:

------------------------ Bullshit.
Can't quite get past 58F at the beach today, and yes, there was snow at the beach (Huntington Beach), at least once in the past 5 years.
Lew

I'll take snow over all kinds of other winter weather. All I have to do with snow is plow it off the driveway and ice rink. If I happen to be out early enough in the day, the sun takes care of whatever the plow doesn't get.
You guys in the northeast have gotten way more than your share. It would be interesting to have that much snow once, but I'm in no hurry to experience it.
Puckdropper
Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote in

The Northeast has a habit of fairly big dumps (BD) every once in a while. Most winters there is at least one BD. This year a few areas have gotten a BD more than once, and rather close together. Then it ceases to be fun, especially if the power goes out.
For me, today was alright (in North Jersey we didn't get anything of that first BD DC received 5 days ago). Today I didn't feel the need to go commute into NYC, it wasn't cold (right around freezing), and while heavy, the snow shoveled well enough. But it would not be fun if we got another BD in a few days ...
--
Best regards
Han
lennn99 wrote:

We have a customer who came to Tucson from your area of the country last Thursday. Friday, he called me and said his flight had been canceled and he was scheduled to go out Saturday morning. Fortunately he had kept his car and hotel room. Got a call Monday morning -- he was still in Tucson and do some work. He was scheduled to leave Tuesday morning. This afternoon one of our other people got a call -- he's still stuck here. It's going to take days for the air traffic to clear up after this is all over.

Rob Leatham