ot I hate snow

Page 1 of 3
I live in carroll county md and All my wood is outside in the shed and I cannot get to it. Now I have time to play and no wood. the snow is drifting to the point that I can no longer see the shed! Sigh!
Len

I feel your pain. I just finished shoveling another two inches of global warming off of my driveway. Three inches yesterday. Eight inches last Saturday.
The snow is just the grease for the icebergs. It is time for another ice age. Global warming will heat up the burgs, then they will slide.
Doug Miller wrote:

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 20:39:15 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

And that's after the six inches of "mostly cloudy"?????
"lennn99" wrote:

------------------------------------- Sent to me years ago by a guy who lives in Bucks County PA.
Enjoy
Lew -------------------------------------------
AUG 12 Moved to our new home in Pennsylvania. It so beautiful here. The mountains are so majestic. Can hardly wait to see them with snow covering them. I love it here.
OCT 14 Pennsylvania is the most beautiful place on Earth. The leaves are turned all the colors and shades of red and orange. Went for a ride through the beautiful mountains and saw some Deer. They are so graceful, certainly they are the most wonderful animals on Earth. This must be Paradise, I love it here.
NOV 11 Deer season will start soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature. Hope it will snow soon. I love it here.
DEC 02 It snowed last night. Woke up to find everything blanketed in white. It looks like a postcard. We went outside and cleaned the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snowball fight (I won), and when the snowplow came by, we had to shovel the driveway again. What a beautiful place, I love Pennsylvania!
DEC 12 More snow last night. I love it. The snowplow did his trick again to the driveway. I love it here.
DEC 19 More snow last night. Couldn't get of the driveway to get to work. I am exhausted from shoveling. Friggin snowplow.
DEC 25 Merry Friggin Christmas. More friggin snow. If I ever get my hands on that son of a bitch who drives that snowplow, I swear I'll kill the bastard. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the road to melt the friggin ice.
DEC 27 More white crap last night. Been inside for three (3) friggin days except for shoveling out the driveway after that snowplow goes through everytime. Can't go anywhere, car's stuck in a mountain of white crap. The weatherman says to expect another 10 inches of white crap again tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10 inches is?
DEC 28 The friggin weatherman was WRONG. We got 34 inches of that white crap this time! At this rate, it won't melt before next summer. The
snowplow got stuck up the road and the bastard came to the door and
asked to borrow my shovel. After I told him I had broken six (6) shovels already shoveling all the crap he pushed into the driveway, I broke my last one over his friggin
head.
JAN 04 Finally got out of the house today. Went to the store to get food and on the way back a damned DEER ran in front of the car and I hit it. Did about $4,500 damage to the car. Those friggin beasts should
be shot on sight. Wished the hunters had killed them all last November.
MAY 03 Took the car to the garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rusting out from all that friggin salt they put all over the road.
MAY 10 Moved to California. I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would ever live in that god-forsaken state of Pennsylvania.
RE: Subject
It is being reported that 49 of the 50 states have/had snow on the ground today.
Welcome to winter.
Lew

What was 50?

Hawaii? You know, Hawaii five-oh. ;-)

They do get snow on the summits.

I think the Hawaii is the only state without snow, but in any case, Hawaii is number 50. ;-)
RE: Subject
Looked out my window and saw snow on the mountains to the north while the thermometer registered 74F this afternoon.
Now I remember why I moved to SoCal.
Lew
On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 17:13:36 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"

One reason I moved to Alabama, from Vermont, though the 75% reduction in my property tax was incentive enough. ;-)

Folks visiting us in Las Vegas (Henderson) had difficulty grasping that our other place (a cabin on Mt. Charleston) had a totally different climate. Less than 55 minutes door to door, we could leave the cabin in a blizzard and arrive at our other house in Henderson with snow still on the car, but in 70f temps. It was great explaining to people that we couldn't be "there" (wherever that might be) due to a blizzard snowing us in.
--
Nonny

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 17:13:36 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"

So, which was it that drew you there, Lew? The mudslides, the earthquakes, the droughts, or the bikinis?
The bikinis are one of the very few things I miss from LoCal.
--
If you turn the United States on its side,
everything loose will fall to California.

Along with the fact that is is so difficult to offend the community standards.:)
On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 17:58:02 -0600, the infamous snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) scrawled the following:

Ah, that, too, Bobby.
-- It's a great life...once you weaken. --author James Hogan
"Larry Jaques" wrote:

---------------------- Figures.
Lew
On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 16:35:33 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"

<vbg>
-- It's a great life...once you weaken. --author James Hogan

All this bitching about snow... THIS is SNOW!
http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2010/02/lots-of-snow.html
"Robatoy" wrote:
All this bitching about snow... THIS is SNOW!
http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2010/02/lots-of-snow.html --------------------------------------- That SUCKS!!!!!!!!
I'll settle for the 82F outside my window today thank you.
Lew