OT: Humour

President Bush was visiting a primary school and he visited one of the classes. They were in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings. The teacher asked the President if he would like to lead the discussion on the word "tragedy". So the illustrious leader asked the class for an example of a "tragedy".
One little boy stood up and offered: "If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in the field and a tractor runs over him and kills him, that would be a tragedy."
"No," said Bush, "that would be an accident."
A little girl raised her hand: "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy."
"I'm afraid not," explained the president. "That's what we would call a great loss."
The room went silent. No other children volunteered. Bush searched the room. "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?" Finally at the back of the room a small boy (Lil Johnny) raised his hand. In a quiet voice he said: "If Air Force One carrying you and Mrs. Bush was struck by a "friendly fire" missile and blown to smithereens, that would be a tragedy."
Fantastic!" exclaimed Bush. "That's right. And can you tell me why that would be tragedy?"
"Well," says Lil Johnny, "It has to be a tragedy, because it sure as hell wouldn't be a great loss and it probably wouldn't be an accident either."
Robatoy wrote:

Always poor lil Johnny.
Lew
Have you heard Bush's take on Roe vs. Wade?
He doesn't care how people got out of New Orleans.
<rickety-boom>
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company
Fly-by-Night CC wrote:

Dagnabit! You beat me to that one... Dang.     j4

Have you seen the circulating pics?
<
http://users.easystreet.com/onlnlowe/misc/image001.jpg
<
http://users.easystreet.com/onlnlowe/misc/image002.jpg
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company
Fly-by-Night CC wrote:

Beautiful. Brings to mind that one must update the old saw to "believe nothing of what you hear and nothing of what you see".     mahalo,     jo4hn

Interesting, how did the stripers get to NO? Must have been blown in.
Henry St.Pierre wrote:

Air Force One. Or did you mean the fish?     twitch,     jo4hn
.. snip
Well since we had our fun with Bill "I never had sex with that woman" Clinton, I guess turnabout is fair play. Same joke, just different names, nothing original.

Strange, first time I heard it, it was Vanya being interviewed on radio Yerevan, and the plane was carrying the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union. "TsK KPSS." Only "radio Yerevan" could tell jokes like that in those days.

This one is a "Bill" only joke.
CAUTION ADULT HUMOR!
Why did Bill stick the cigar up there? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . To keep the ashtray from falling out!
Chris