OT Humor: Colonoscopy Comments

Page 2 of 2

Oh God, I beseach thee, NO JPGS please.
____

There is nothing gross about the insides of a clean colon or intestine. I have seen pictures when I am working at that doctor's account. Processed food is kind of gross but you are cleaned up or out when you prep for it. Doc will fuss or compliment depending on how well you cleaned yourself up. The action video camera cannot be that bad. No different than looking at a heart, kidney or some other organs.
Those web sites cited did not have pictures so don't work. To think that people here think shooting nails into body parts or running fingers through bandsaws are no big deal but going in for a health/life saving procedure grosses them out.

Jim Behning responds:

It's the blinking clean-up that is gross!
Charlie Self "Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to." Mark Twain
Big chuckle.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:56:14 GMT, Jim Behning

For the extremely morbidly curious. Someone just sent me this link the past week.
http://www.EndoAtlas.com
The Capsule Endoscopy section's pretty neat. Wonder if they try to get the camera back. The site will turn you into a hypochondriac though. Every single possible thing that could go wrong with your insides.
Fri, Dec 10, 2004, 4:09pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (jo4hn) wonders: <snip>* anybody else remember those Charlie Chan films with BirminghamBrown (played by Manton Moreland) using that now famous phrase?
They've got at least some of those movies on CD now. I've got about 3 of 'em.
JOAT We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails. - unknown
On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 13:43:21 -0800, Fly-by-Night CC

May I add:
"While you're up that far why don't you check my tonsils?"
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
Thu, Dec 9, 2004, 1:43pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@easystreet.com (Fly-by-NightCC) claims: The following is apparently making the office rounds. <snip>
Fortunately, I have a compassionate doctor that performs mine. They get me wired up, I'm there talking with the nurses, next thing I know, I'm out in recoversy. I get enough something to knock me out, but I still remaiin aware enough to follow any instructions - roll a little, etc. - but sill out of it enough to not remember any of it. I think I would really not care to go thru that awake.
I did wake up when my surgeon was stitching me up, after takning out a port-a-cath that had tilted. I asked if that was him - had my glasses off - and when h said it was, asked him how he was doing. I guess he thought I meant the surgery, becuse he said he was just finishing up. I think they were afraid I was gonna sue, for waking up, because they knocked me out again. LOL
JOAT We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails. - unknown
On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 13:43:21 -0800, Fly-by-Night CC

Thanks. Best laugh I've had in a while. I recently experienced this, I can relate. Although I didn't have any smart remarks for my doc.
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 03:20:01 GMT, Lazarus Long

Gawd, how could you resist the temptation to say "smart ASS remarks?" Or was that a missed opportunity?
- - LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net

Because not *all* of us are smart asses, like a certain un-named resident of the Blue Hair State?
--
Nahmie
Those on the cutting edge bleed a lot.