OT Humor: Colonoscopy Comments

Fri, Dec 10, 2004, 4:09pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (jo4hn) wonders:

  • anybody else remember those Charlie Chan films with Birmingham Brown (played by Manton Moreland) using that now famous phrase?

They've got at least some of those movies on CD now. I've got about 3 of 'em.

JOAT We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.

- unknown

Reply to
J T

Hey, Fella. Don't quit yer day job!

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

For the extremely morbidly curious. Someone just sent me this link the past week.

Capsule Endoscopy section's pretty neat. Wonder if they try to get the camera back. The site will turn you into a hypochondriac though. Every single possible thing that could go wrong with your insides.

Reply to
Xane T.

After this I'll remember to add the standard *disclaimer*! "I didn't give birth to it." (LOL)

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Yes, non-carbonated is definately important.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Thanks. Best laugh I've had in a while. I recently experienced this, I can relate. Although I didn't have any smart remarks for my doc.

Reply to
Lazarus Long

Gawd, how could you resist the temptation to say "smart ASS remarks?" Or was that a missed opportunity?

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

Because not *all* of us are smart asses, like a certain un-named resident of the Blue Hair State?

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Mon, Dec 13, 2004, 11:40pm snipped-for-privacy@madbbs.com (Norman=A0D.=A0Crow) admits: Because not *all* of us are smart asses,

Dumb asses then?

JOAT We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.

- unknown

Reply to
J T

Mort (from sci.med.n.!)

how are ya doin. yea, those colonoscopies can be bizarre.

Fortunately, versed works wonders. the true soft sledge hammer!

Someone

Reply to
Someone

As I've gotten older, I'm experiencing the same thing. Unfortunately the reduction in eating volume has not resulted in a reduction of weight. It might be because there's some reduction in exercise, but I tend to believe the older age has an accompanying slower internal physiology.

Reply to
Upscale

Man, you ain't kidding! I used to be able to eat anything, much to the envy and aggravation of friends and colleagues (good genes). Now, I guess I've gotten much more efficient at processing food, it sure doesn't take much to put another pound on the scale the next morning. Shoulda' known that was coming -- dad had the same kind of problem around my age also.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita