OT-Humor

Adapt names as needed for your area, but don't mess with Texas.
Bob
Sven and Ole, who are both from Northern Minnesota, traveled down to Texas for a vacation. While walking along a busy downtown street in Dallas, they see a sign in a store window which reads, "Suits $5.00 each, Shirts $2.00 each, and Trousers $2.50 a pair."
Ole says to his pal, "Sven, look at dat! Ve could buy a whole bunch of dese clothes, take 'em back to Minnesota, sell 'em to all our friends, and make a fortune!"
Ole continues, "Now ven ve go in dere, don't you say a vurd, okay? Yust let me do the talkin' 'cause if dey hear your accent, they might tink ve're yust ignorant Norwegians, and dey von't vanna sell dem clothes to us. Now, I'll talk like I'm a Texan, so dey von't know."
Ole and Sven go into the store, and Ole says, with his best fake Texas accent, "Howdy, y'all. Ah'll take 50 of them there suits at five dollahs each, 100 of them there shirts at two dollahs each, and 50 pairs of them there trousers at two-fifty each. So, Ah'll just back up mah pickup and......"
The owner of the shop interrupts, "Ya'll are a coupla Norwegians from Minnesota, aren't you?"
"Vell . . yah," says a surprised Ole . "How'd you know dat?"
The owner replies, "Cause this here's a dry-cleaners."
Bob Schmall wrote:

Sven and Ole indeed. Humph. Guess I'll just have to change Norwegian to Swede and send it to my relatives. :-)     mahalo,     jo4hn
jo4hn wrote:

Har det bra, y'all.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@carolina.rr.com.barf

Swedes tell jokes like this about Norwegians.
Bob Schmall wrote:

Yup. And vicey-versey. And since I'm half of each, I can piss off EVERYBODY! Yee-haw.     mahalo,     jo4hn
Heard in a Minnesota cafe (not the "Chatterbox", but might as well have been):
"Minnesota was as f'r as they got 'fore they forgot why they left Norway in the first place."
(The speaker's heritage was Dutch and Norwegian. It must have been the Dutch half speaking. :-)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

G.D. it, I thought it was funny! It would have been a great Garry Larson cartoon.