OT: Hulloo!

Page 1 of 2

<Groggy shuffles in>
Looks around and recognises some old faces
<waves>
"hey there jo4hn, Leon, Doug, Dave (all of you except the BAD one), Tom, Luigi, Mike, Morris, Larry, David, Charlie(s), Todd, the Johns, Jay, Barry, Theo - is that you back there?, Phil, P van, Steve, Edwin, hylourgos, Rob, Swingman, Nahmie, Buddy, Bridger, Robatoy, Rumpty and hey! where's the Canuckistani? Chuck? you there Chuck?, Toller, Jeff, Andy, Upscale, DJ, Patrick, Andy, Lew, Thomas, Bob, Bahb, DJ, Nuno (still here Noons? Wave son), Phully, Ron and Keeter (!) - where's Keith gone? O'Deen? Steve La?"
Singing "where have all the woodies gone, long time pa-asses"
<looks around at the posts>
Opens one on Kooks, whatever that is. Hmmm, wannabee MITDs.
<drops it and washes hands>
Looks at a few more that seem to have become political correspondents,
Finds a few gems (the 9% apparently ;-), sits to read.
<has a nostalgic sniff>
For those who care, I am now tool rich but time poor. I get to scan here occasionally but have receded to an Oz moderated group where I can find things a bit faster. I hope everyone is well and getting some (that's shop time Buddy - puhleeze!).
<waves again>
cya next time.
Groggy

When I'd time poor, Usenet gets the axe before the shop time.
Hurry back, enjoy your tools for now!
Barry

Hey Grogs!
djb

Heck, why cantcha wish us that AND shop time too?
<waves back>
Buddy
On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 20:32:06 -0400, "Buddy Matlosz"

I thought you may get offended if I suggested you go and get .......well, some!
I'm still keeping an eye out for your one liners.
Groggs

Well, I could always get some in the shop and kill two birds with one stone.
B.
[schnipferectomized for brevity]

I got most tools I need. I have some time. I can go get materials. I need to be INSPIRED! So I make some money instead.... and that's boring.
Sunday is my parents' 60th wedding anniversary. We're having an open house at a local establishment. I'm sure it will spill out into the streets..*G* Where in Oz are you again? ( I knew that once...got an empty head)

In the World's most liveable city - Melbourne! Enjoy Sunday :-O
Groggs

I have only seen Melbourne from across the bay..drunk on a filthy beach in Altona...it was a bit better in Williamstown...but the beer was the same all over. To this day, I still don't know why I didn't make it to Melbourne.

<snip>
Hi there Grogs.
--
Nahmie
Stupidity is not considered a handicap, park elsewhere.

Hey there buddy. Good to see you sit up and say something.

<snip>>
Hiya Groggy! Some of us are still here, at least on occasion. The others have gone, or stop by less often. Perhaps they drop by and sadly go on, remaining silent. We wish you and them well. Tom
On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 06:57:03 -0400, "Thomas Bunetta"

g'day Tom, good to see you still lurking around. I've still got an interest in the wreck but limited time to chat. Though it is good to swoop in every now and then and catch up with with the regulars. Though it looks like one or two may be going off on tangents!
cheers,
Greg
<snip>

One of them is an imposter, or so I've been led to believe. It was said some of the headers associated with the name "Tom Watson" might not be "The " Tom Watson. Tom
On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 17:44:19 -0400, "Thomas Bunetta"

I had a look at the headers too and agree. It certainly doesn't appear to be anywhere near as erudite as the real Tom.

That's very frustrating. I'm a relative newbie here and found the original Tom Watson informative and up to a similar confidence level with Swingman's straight experienced answers. The straight poop with a site to show their work. ' Now I don't know what to think. Sad, really.
"Groggy" wrote in message

... ah well, not too bad a circumstance as it bodes well for the future when time becomes less a restraint.
g'day to you, Groggy ... and next time you have a good Melbourne brew, say a prayer for those of us who have to drink this yank horse pee.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/16/05

You've GOT to come try some New England microbrew.
On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 00:18:03 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Groggy

Howdy, Grogs! Long time no type. Glad ta read ya.

<electronic Kleenex sent>

<g>
Ciao!
--
Strong like ox, smart like tractor.
Groggy wrote:

[snip] Haven't had a woodie in a while. Still buying airplanes? Have fun with whatever you're doing. If you make it to SoCal, give us a call. We'll hoist a couple. Enjoyed the hell out of Melbourne.     mahalo,         jo4hn