OT: How we Canadians know you're an American.

Page 1 of 2
Nothing heavy, kinda fun... and HAPPY CANADA DAY YOU HOSERS!!!!!
http://tinyurl.com/3snmlt3
On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 22:06:05 -0400, Robatoy

The best one was "You say boat funny."
Gordon Shumway wrote the following:

They say 'out' and 'about' funny. To us, it sounds like 'oat' and 'a boat'
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

No they don't. That's an urban legend.

I have many American friends who sound a whole lot funnier than we do. Ya'll.
"Robatoy" wrote

--------------- Reminds me of that old classic line that Jimmie Carter used at the end of his campaign speeches (in the South) when he was running for president. He would say, "Wouldn't it be nice to elect someone to the white house who did not speak with an accent?"
We all talk different from each other. And outsiders do sound and look funny.
On 7/1/2011 1:11 PM, Robatoy wrote:

When I called Leigh jigs a couple of days ago the girl who helped me on the phone had the most delightful Canadian accent, almost Minnesooooatan. I fell in love, sight unseen!
When I complimented her on it, she said I was aboot to say the same aboot you!
<30 years younger and I was ready to board the next plane> :)
My favorite accent of all is a Scots ... not surprising, one of my favorite authors has always been Sir Walter, especially when he writes in dialect.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Two peoples, separated by a common language......or something like that...
On 7/1/2011 2:03 PM, Swingman wrote:

I have lots of relatives in Iowa and "Wiscanson" (mostly farmers) and every time I talk to them I just want to take a trip! I love they way they talk. :-)
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
Robatoy wrote the following:

I watch 'Holmes on Homes". It's no legend to me

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
"willshak" wrote in message wrote:

I watch 'Holmes on Homes". It's no legend to me

----------------
It's a little rough on the shingles of an American rough, always get me, even as an American resident.
Then there is the rut of a tree????
--
Eric

On Fri, 1 Jul 2011 12:11:16 -0600, Robatoy wrote

Don't forget:
"Y'all" is singular. "Y'alls" is plural. "Y'alls all" is plural possessive.
-Bruce
Bruce wrote the following:

You forgot "All Y'all" plural.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Ayup,
I also got the last one reversed:
"All y'alls" is plural possessive.
-Bruce
"Bruce" wrote in message

Ayup,
I also got the last one reversed:
"All y'alls" is plural possessive.
-Bruce
=================== Then there is the Canadian illiteracy low levels that use an expression to signify completion. It may be woodworking or metalworking related too. I was never sure how many "alls" you could have.
"Alls ya' have to do is..."
--
Eric

Robatoy wrote:

Eh?
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Indeed dadioh, the link goes to a series of photos of Canadian sort of things. Or was that the purpose, Rob?
--
Best regards
Han

The pictures have text below them. Do we have to explain everything to Americans?? <g,d&r>

Sorry, was kennelijk meisjesdom
--
Best regards
Han
On 6/30/2011 1:06 PM, Robatoy wrote:

I like the one that voids it all, the picture and the caption that we in the USA call our selves Americans and the whole article of pictures states How Canadians know you'er an American.
DOH! We know we are Americans and so do the Canadians.

It deal with the fact that you guys say you're from America... well, so are we. Except, you're from The States and we're Canadian. A difference as subtle as the 'b' in 'subtle.