OT: How to Save Social Security

Page 2 of 8  


It was actually more like $22K. But that's a big return on a small investment. (The woman lived until 100, which was why she took out so much.)
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

investment.
And a lot of people went to their graves without collecting a dime.
I think that is the rare exception, rather the rule.
Pete
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Brian McAllister wrote:

This is the cruelest and most brazen trick the Bush machine is using. It is a "lies, damned lies, and statistics" thing. ON AVERAGE, black males don't seem to live long enough to collect enough S.S. benefits. This is quite wrong, though, as it is just a fluke of the statistics. Lots of YOUNG black males (who don't live long enough to pay much into the system anyway) die early, which pulls down the AVERAGE life expectancy of black males. But if he makes it to thirty, the average black male worker would collect nearly the same amount dollar wise and live nearly as long as the average white worker.
This "fact" resembles the story of putting one foot in ice water and the other in boiling water. Average skin temperature- comfortable, right?
--
Please REPLY to yonny at att,net as the msn address is a spam trap !

Thanks,
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
john, where do you get stats that black males live as long as anyone else? don't forget...i sell life insurance? can't blame bush for everything.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Eddie Brimer wrote:

Your stats are based on an average black male who doesn't exist, the sample consists of almost no middle examples as I explained. I love how I explain a flaw in the statistical view and you come back with the exact same statistic I just refuted, while adding nothing that indicates you even tried to understand what I said.
I think you understand exactly my point but are acting deliberately belligerent because you know many people will fall for this. THERE IS NO AVERAGE black male eddie, just a defective statistic derived from pure early and late deaths, with zero middle. Otherwise you would agree one foot in boiling water and one in ice water would be comfortable. Can you deny, eddie, the average temp here is comfortable?
--
Please REPLY to yonny at att,net as the msn address is a spam trap !

Thanks,
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
talk about double talk john...re-read your post! plain talk...IF a black males live past age 30, he STILL doesn't live as long as a white male. white female, or black female.(statistically speaking) this would lead you to believe that the elderly black male is getting left out...... now, with that said, here is the problem with bushys lie (as you like to put it). sure, less black men are left alive in the latter years because of average life expectancy, but what they are not saying is...there are also fewer that make it to SS age because of premature death from violence, etc.. they pay less in than the others because of this, and also because of unemployment. prison etc., etc.. also there is substantially more paid to surviving widows and dependents. it's a wash.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
http://research.aarp.org/econ/beyond_50_econ_tables_life.pdf
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Here's what I posted to the antique radio group,

Sorry about this.
Stewart
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Stewart Schooley wrote:

Say, this mixing up of two groups may not be so bad after all. We have common interests because we are both involved in furniture restoration and refinishing.
Stewart
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Stewart has it just about perfect...the only thing I see wrong is that so far Bush has done a piss poor job of explaining the real problem.... as in see above the 2.2% earnings rate on the SS fund .... and Congress.. mostly the Dems... but also the REP ... they are afraid to let go of the ability to mishandle all this money and live within a budget like the rest of us have to do.. John k9uwa
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
1) increase taxes and pay off the debt. dont want to increase taxes? sell alaska and pay off the debt. have a bake sale and pay off the debt. pay off the god damned debt.
2) stop deficit spending. period. do whatever it takes. dont run the government on the credit card method.
3) lower taxes by 15% and STILL have more money to spend than we do now to fund social security, schools, health care, and the other programs the 'evil liberals' want, save a little for a rainy day, and STILL have your stupid war.
4) if you dont NEED social security, you dont GET it. dont like it? tough.
randy
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Quote}
4) if you dont NEED social security, you dont GET it. dont like it? tough.
randy Then, don't pay in? SS is a socialist program that has no place in fre market America these days. Nor on any day in capitalist America. Jeez! HTH! To
-- tomeshew
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 06:37:35 +0000, tomeshew

Oh my Rush, you are so right ! Let's put a nice, clean, motherland program in its place: we'll round up all of those poor, lazy, good- for-nothing untemensche and stick `em in camps somewhere, out of sight, out of mind (and hey, if their keepers come up with some sort of clever fake shower gimmick, why, that would make it nice & cheap for the Rest of Us, wouldn 't it ? Just make sure to destroy the pictures...)
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
GregP Wrote:

What the heck are you talking about? It's not an either/or thing, m dear. To
-- tomeshew
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 23:34:28 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

We have a free market ?? That's about as true as "Creationism."
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

You got caught spouting nonsense and drivel. Again. And immediately changed the subject. Again.
I'm disappointed. But not surprised.
-- Regards, Doug Miller (alphageek at milmac dot com)
Nobody ever left footprints in the sands of time by sitting on his butt. And who wants to leave buttprints in the sands of time?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 15:30:19 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Responding to the mythology you introduced into the thread is "changing the subject ?" So what's your role ? Are you one of those fundamentalists who is not responsible for his actions, they're always someone else's fault ? You are an astute student of our administration.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 18:00:49 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

That's "proof ?" As I said, you have the extremist's view that whatever you say is self-evidently true, simply because *you* said it.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:56:05 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

You got me on this one: I thought that since you criticized me for "avoiding" issues you would make an attempt to address them.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

As I said, *do* try to pay attention a little better.
In a nutshell, here's what happened: I said 'A'. You said that I said 'B'. I said, "no, I said 'A'." You said "prove it". So I posted a link to the Google archive showing that I said 'A', not 'B'. And you claimed that wasn't proof.
So tell me... what issue did I not address?
-- Regards, Doug Miller (alphageek at milmac dot com)
Nobody ever left footprints in the sands of time by sitting on his butt. And who wants to leave buttprints in the sands of time?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Site Timeline

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.