OT: How can I killfile the idiot

Page 3 of 3

Chuck wrote:

Years ago we had a somewhat likeable, but quite loony poster in another group. Someone mentioned putting him in their kill file and he launched into a schpiel about reporting the threat to the proper authorities. He thought a kill file was some sort of hit list for death squads or something. Needless to say we ran with it and played with him a bit...
Joe Barta

Chuck, I assume your ISP(internet service provider) is gmail. You should be able to go through them for a news feed. My ISP is madbbs.com, and I go to news.madbbs.com, where I can get a download of all the newsgroups they carry, then select the ones I wish to participate in. Then my newsgroups show up in the "folders" list on the left side of the screen(along with Inbox, Deleted, Sent, etc.). When I open any of my newsgroups, it downloads any new message headers. If I'm interested, I click on a message and it downloads the message body, displaying it in the preview screen. If it's one from the "numbers" idiot, then I click on the "message" in the top toolbar, select "Block sender" from the drop-down menu, then follow my nose. Every time he changes his "numbers", I just do it again. Right now there are about 10 different versions of him in my blocked senders list.
I'm sure there are a lot of other opinions on news readers out there, and I'm sure they are all considered very good by the people who use them. I've been satisfied enough to stay with "Outhouse Express" as some like to call it. This is also influenced by my ISP, who I consider excellent. They run a program called "Viracom", and I receive almost NO spam, have not had a virus attack get to me in a long, long time. I run AVG, regularly updated & scan my system, and it hasn't found anything.
I'm sure this thread will now expand into a discussion of the different newsreaders group members use.(G,D&R)
--
Nahmie
The only road to success is always under construction.

downloads
one
toolbar,
about
&
different
Thu, Feb 9, 2006, 6:16am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Chuck) doth claimeth: IMHO, I don't think this guy's agenda has a thing to do with honest protest or activism. I think he is using that as a vehicle to incite this group with his holier than thou rantings. <snip>
LMAO I don't think Buttercup has an agenda. Unless it's maybe to piss people off. And, he's gotten waaay too silly to incite anyone. Buttercup is a troll, a sad dorky troll. Possibly with more problems, and less social skills, than most trolls, still a troll. It's not power that corrupts, t's immunity - and Buttercup is immune from being caught - for now. But, eventually I figure he'll piss someone off enough, that has the skills to track him down, and then Buttercup will suddenly lose his immunity. He may be intelligent, but no matter how intelligent he is, there's only one of him. So, feel pity for Buttercup. LOL
JOAT Don't believe everything you think.
JT, I have a friend who taught me a way to track him down to his IP address and his ISP. It's been done and his information has been forwarded to the proper authorities. My friend also showed me how to prevent his posts from getting through to me. It works. Sorry I started such a long thread, but its been fun poking him in the side every once in a while. Rich
(Chuck) doth

Thu, Feb 9, 2006, 7:53pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Rich) doth admit: <snip> its been fun poking him in the side every once in a while.
Yeah, reminds me of poking a possum laying dead, with a stick. You know it's just gonna lie there, and if you leave, and go back a few minutes later, it's gonna be gone - but, it's hard to resist. LOL You ever see a possum up close? Pretty ugly. Poor Buttercup, making me think me of a possum. LMAO
JOAT Don't believe everything you think.
Fri, Feb 10, 2006, 8:04am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@stick.com (2006.2265.261)doth burble: I love you morons with this: <snip>
Well Buttrcup, from what I can see, you are responding to one of your own responses. LMAO Meds running low? I really think your silliness has finally exceedd the safe load limits. If you were really interested in doing "anything" about all you've been ranting about, you'd be flooding the politicians with your concerns. It would seem you're not doing that, so you're just blowing smoke. Eat recycled food, and have a nice next life.
JOAT Don't believe everything you think.