OT How can anyone take PETA seriousely?

Page 2 of 2
Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:
: 199.45.49.11:
:> :> I have the most respect for vegetarians. They are generally the most :> peaceloving people. It requires a lot of work to get a balanced diet, :> though, since some of our dietary requirements are almost exclusively :> meat-derived. Thus I also think many vegetarians who do not get a :> balanced diet are misguided, to say the least. :> : One of the things I find annoying about vegetarian foods is how they try : to make up for the lack of meat. If vegetarian was so good in the first : place, why attempt to make vegetarian versions of things that require : meat? Let the vegetables (and fruit) shine.
True enough, but none of the vegatarians I know do it out of sheer love of fruits and vegetables. It's usually discomfort at killing animals. So, fake meat is a way of getting that tasty flavor without the moral consequences.
    -- Andy BArss
"Morris Dovey" wrote:

Maybe it was a tall tale, I'll never know, but my Dad told me that when he was a boy he was given a rifle and ONE cartridge and told, "Go get breakfast".
A case of get something or go hungry, you learn to shoot accurately in a hurry under those conditions.
All I know is I watched him "Bark" squirrels with a small single shot .22 until he was past 40 when he had to start wearing glasses and lost his "Eye".
SFWIW, When he started wearing glasses was the first time I was able to beat him shooting straight pool.
Lew
Morris Dovey wrote:

There's also the statement:
"Vegetables aren't food. Vegetables are what food eats"

Best regards
Han
email address is invalid
Han wrote:

I like that one. :-)

wrote in

but also the other grandfather of my granddaughters. We get along very nicely, since we disagree on politics so much. However, our ultimate ideas of responsibilities and "proper" behavior are identical. Shows how left and right can get together.
--
Best regards
Han

Killing them is cruel. Some poor frog went to bed hungry last night, one fly short of a good meal. .
Somebody wrote:

When my oldest son was in high school, one of his past times was creating "Walks".
To create a "walk", he would catch a fly alive, then pull off it's wings thus creating a "walk"
Lew
Leon wrote:

PETA does have its place. For example, if not for PETA, we wouldn't have a chance to see Che Guevara's granddaughter nekkid!
"Lydia Guevara poses semi-nude in a PETA campaign that tells viewers to "join the vegetarian revolution," said PETA spokesman Michael McGraw."
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090618/ap_on_re_us/us_peta_guevara_s_granddaughter