OT How can anyone take PETA seriousely?

Page 1 of 2
I know, I know, this is a WW forum but it is ironic that an organization like this has any credibility at all, AND that any one takes them seriously
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31422688/ns/us_news-weird_news /
Seems PETA is going after President Obama for swatting a fly.
Next up they will be going after the medical industry for trying to eradicate cancer.
Is there any wonder why we are where we are?
I suggest the government use 25% of that trillion dollar stimulus package to fund and require the classes listed below in every school, grades 7 through 12. And everyone must pass all grades before graduating!
1. "Friggin" Common Sense 101-601 2. Personal Finance and Budgeting 101-601 3. Understanding what borrowing money and carrying a balance on a credit card really costs you. 101-601
"All" politicians must take these classes and pass before receiving another pay check and returning to office.

pesky critters. It's bad though how many of them do not live through my catch, they seem crushed.

throw" at the pike place public market. Apparently fish get their feeling hurt if hurled. What these morons don't understand is that the "fish hurl" was a solution to getting fish over a counter in a very crowed public market. In other words, the business would not do as well if they didn't do this. It isn't just a publicity thing. It is a practical thing that supports jobs and business.
http://www.seattlepi.com/local/6420ap_wa_peta_throwing_fish.html
Lee Michaels wrote:

You just discovered their real objective.
--

-MIKE-

We were at a pool party once and my oldest daughter swatted and killed a fly. One of the other guests started crying and ran in the house over the death of the fly. The rest of the guests just laughed at the peta lady. We later found out peta lady is also a pet communicator - WTF.
If putting mascara on bunny rabbits will cure my wife's cancer, I'll hold the bunny down.
cm

I think the government should use some of the stimulus money to conduct a study to see if the common house fly is a threatened species. A will only cost a couple of billion dollars and it will keep a few PhD's busy for a dozen years or so.
I also think the only reason that the President could kill the fly is that it was overweight. Most likely caused by eating full strength mayonnaise off of some potato salad during a picnic last weekend. The government should require that all picnic foods be low fat, or at a minimum, the fat content be adequately displayed so flies can make a proper choice on whose picnic to disrupt.
I live next door to a animal loving, tree hugging, wack job. This behavior is the norm for them - trust me.
BTW - Did you ever want to ask Noah why he brought 2 mosquitoes on the ark to begin with?
Larry C
Larry C wrote:

Relate the following to your neighbor:
Adam & Eve were vegetarians.* It was only Noah and his descendants that God gave permission to eat meat.**
Now Adam & Eve started out in trouble. By the time of Noah, the world was so hoplessly depraved, corrupt, and wicked that God had to destroy it and start over!***
I don't KNOW that there's a connection between vegetarianism and debauchery, but I'm not willing to take the chance.
------ For those that want to look stuff up: * Gen 1:29, 2:16, 3:18 ** Gen 9:3 *** Not that Noah was a gem. The Bible calls him "righteous in his generation," meaning he was merely the best of a bad lot.

I'D TATOO HOPPY'S LITTLE ASS..

I believe there is a newsgroup for that, but you need binary access.
--
Drew Lawson

"Please understand that we are considerably less interested
http://www.tastyanimals.us/tasty-splash-1.gif
Regards,
Leon wrote:

I used to wonder as you do now. Then I read "The True Believer" by Eric Hoffer.
Hoffer says people join mass movements to add meaning to their otherwise meaningless lives, that people mind their own business when it's worth minding; when it's not they take their mind off their own nothingness by minding other people's business.
Other gems: * A mass movement can exist without a god, but it will surely fail without a devil. The movement must have something to hate. In this case, people who kill flies (no one cares if flies die of natural causes - there's nobody to hate). * People join movements first, THEN adopt the putative goals of the group. * Membership in mass movements is interchangeable. Whether Fascism, ban-the-bra, down with nuclear power, or put modesty clothing on farm animals, the memberships overlap significantly.
Now, when I see a march for democracy in Iran or gays carrying "freedom to choose" banners, I merely shake my head.
Leon wrote:

PETA is adept at using outrageous stunts to get publicity for itself. Once it has people's attention it then presents two faces. The first is more reasonable and convinces millions of people to donate millions of dollars to the organization so they can prevent animal cruelty blah blah. The second face, the one they don't promote so much, is moonbat crazy. PETA's goals include eliminating *all* use of animals by humans--food, companionship, clothing, medicine--everything. In PETA's world beloved pets are actually slaves, and PETA has been known to kill dogs and cats they have "liberated" from animal shelters rather than risk those animals again coming under human control. Yup, carpet-chewing crazy.

c/PETA/DNC/all

Did you guys see the show a year or two ago about PETA? I had to watch out of morbid curiosity! At one part they showed the president of PETA driving down the road, pulling over and stopping her car to get out and check out a dead pigeon!! A friggen pigeon, a rat with wings! The woman is certifiable! Greg
I support PETA...
People Eating Tasty Animals

mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

PETA did put a researcher out of business who was using cats (the only viable model) for drug addicition research.
I am a supporter of People Eating Tasty Animals
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

I've always admired the argument that "If God didn't mean for man to eat animals, he wouldn'ta made 'em outa meat."
I understand that "vegetarian" was an North American indian word that means "lousy hunter".
;)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

I have the most respect for vegetarians. They are generally the most peaceloving people. It requires a lot of work to get a balanced diet, though, since some of our dietary requirements are almost exclusively meat-derived. Thus I also think many vegetarians who do not get a balanced diet are misguided, to say the least.
--
Best regards
Han

One of the things I find annoying about vegetarian foods is how they try to make up for the lack of meat. If vegetarian was so good in the first place, why attempt to make vegetarian versions of things that require meat? Let the vegetables (and fruit) shine.
Garden fresh is best, and green beans are NOT a reduction sauce. (Family joke.)
Puckdropper
"Puckdropper" wrote:

Garden fresh green beans smothered in Ranch Dressing and sealed in an aluminum pouch served directly from the bun rack of the grill after a half hour on the grill along with a steak are Dyn-O-Mite.
Even sans steak, it works for me.
Lew