OT: Houston - we have power!

Oh ya - we just got power back. Gonna start making some sawdust tonight.
If any centerpoint guys and energy folks down here for the repairs are reading this, thumbs up to you guys. You have done a superb job and it is appreciated by everyone!
Mark
Mine came back on Saturday at about noon. Sadly,we lost a local boy, who was working for our power company, Mid-South Electric. If the info I received was correct, he was all of 23-years-old. He was killed while cutting a fallen tree from a power line. Their jobs are never easy, but in a situation like this, they are incredible. Police and Firemen deserve all the honor and respect we can give them, however, these guys working tirelessly to restore some normalcy our lives, deserve a nod and a prayer as well.

'>You are 100% right, let's not forget the volenteer emergency folks either.

Glad all 3 of you (posters) are ok..
I do a web site for a party supply place in Houston and they just got power and phones back Monday... And called to have me put a notice on the site that they were closed for repairs from Ike.. They figure to be down at least 2 weeks, which is a major economic hit..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing