OT: Hot dang! just found my bifocals

Been looking for 'em since April 2007. Went up in the attic just now and there they were. I hope the rest of 2009 goes as well.
--John

But unfortunately he was up there looking for the tape measure. ;)
I once found my glasses in a shoe box on the top shelf of the closet. That was a fun search.
-Kevin

My big gripe about losing my glasses is that I'm too blind to see anything when I don't have them on. That's one of the bigger catch-22 problems I experience.
Of course when I roll over something and hear a crunch, I know I've found them.

Tell me about it. :-)
snipped-for-privacy@YAHOO.COM wrote:

I guess there is *one* advantage to being as badly nearsighted as I am -- I *always* know where my glasses are: if I'm not in bed or in the shower, they're on my head.

When we bought our house 20 years ago, it was a HUD home that needed a complete renovation. Apparently, the last (extensive) work done on the place was in the mid '40s (as evidenced by the 1946 newspapers used as insulation). Actually, that was when plumbing was brought into the house. The house was built in the teens. I'm not sure when it ended up in the wall, but my best carpenters square was one I found in the wall, behind the plaster!
I've always wondered if the guy, exhausted at the end of the day, set it down and forgot it was there or if it was a prank pulled by some co-workers, or maybe a co-worker he had pissed off.
Ed
Ed Edelenbos wrote:

Was pulling some TV cable a while back and could not drill through a particular sill plate. Finally cut a hole in the wall above to see what was going on. I was trying to drill thorugh a wrecking bar that had been left in the wall. I gave that stud-space up as a bad job and moved to the next one where I found a hammer. At that point I just drilled a hole in the floor and passed the cable up instead of putting in the planned wall outlet for it.
--John

At that point, I'd keep going just to see what else I could find. You've already got two holes in the wall to fix, what's another 8 or so?
Start digging around the driveway, and you'll likely find quite a few tools. We must have picked up half a dozen screwdrivers, a bread knife, and a hammer when we added the paver extension to the drive.
Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. That's a good thing, though, as some
writers are incorrigible.

Pretty much same here, but sometimes I put them on in bed. I want to be sure of who the other person with me is.
"J. Clarke" wrote

Quicker way to obtain a new pair:
Put them down momentarily to better see something in the shop, and, either the "something", or the tool being used on work on it, will unerringly fall upon them with a consequent crunch and precision directly proportional to the distance you have to drive home without ... guaranteed.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

But you have the advantage of having a few dozen extra pairs laying around the house. LOL
"Leon" wrote

Yabbut, if they were only mine .. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Swingman wrote:

Last week I took my bifocals off and set them behind me while I was kneeling on the floor to replace two video driver IC's to fix a rear projection TV. My legs got cramped and I stood up to stretch them. The heel of my right foot found the glasses as I did so. It was an expensive step.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 05:14:01 +0000, J. Clarke wrote

Took me tears of therapy, retreat and meditation to find myself.
The stupid thing is that I was on top of my head the whole time....
On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 00:14:01 -0500, "J. Clarke"

I once lost a nail set during a third floor attic remodel. A year later, while helping pull wires in the second floor ceiling, I reached up to feel for the wire and pulled out my nail set. =0 )
Lenny
I buy those cheap reading glasses at the dollar stores.So far -2 pair in the shop , 2 pair in the car ,1 pair on my bike ,six pair on kitchen counter by back door. Only problem is they all end up in the kitchen because I forget to take them off and leave them where I need them. I once lost a set of keys that drove me nuts for 12 years. I spent $45 copying keys and changing locks on five restored classic cars because I had a name tag with my address on the ring. After 12 years I was at my buddy house and was talking about a remodel we did for aunt of his, and all of a sudden I remembered dropping my keys down a floor register in the bedroom. I now have them hanging in my shop.Every time I see them I just laugh and kick myself and say ,,,Duh !!! you dumb ass.!! Jerry
http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974Tryke
"Jerry - OHIO" wrote in message

SWMBO has a pair for every hour, of the week ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08