OT: Home Depot

I needed a right angle grinder for some work. So I went to my local Home Depot to pick one up. Also I needed a Diamond Blade.
Well, Home Depot had 3 different types of right angle grinders. 2 Dewalts and 1 Porter Cable. And they only had one type in stock. The Dewalt DW400. So I picked it up anyway as well as the Diamond Blade.
This morning I was reading the Instructions and it says something like "Diamond wheels use are not recommended with use of this tool".
Seems like everytime I go to my local Home Depot they never have anything in stock of what I need. Mainly tools.
I need a new 4' level and the one's they have in stock I really do not care for.
Bill

It's not just Home Despot
I made the trip to Woodcraft in Towson MD yesterday, about a 40 minute drive so not huge trip. I needed, an edge guide for my PC router, 4 strips of inlay banding for a desk top, a 3/8" upward twist router bit, a gallon of denatured alcohol to make us some shellac and some adjustable feet to put in the bottom legs of the desk. All I was able to get were the feet. A bit of a surprise as it's normally pretty well stocked. They offered to order everything but I'd have to drive back up to get it.
Allen
HD, Lowes--One as bad as the other. Customer service consists of taking your money. So long as the two of them dominate things will not get better, only worse.

Personally, I would rather go to a Lowes anyday than a Home Depot. For the Big Bix stores, IMHO it is the best. If I have time, I either go to Berlands or WoodCraft.

I found drastic differences between same-name stores. Our local store is a small one and poorly managed, so selection/service is very poor. It is okay for hardware. On occasion I'll get a good deal--the Bessey K-Body clamp clearance was a super buy.
On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 16:22:47 GMT, "Neil Larson"

Neil Larson wrote:

That's the advantage of being in the Chicagoland area. So many good "money pits"
You can tear a pretty decent hole in your bank account visiting WoodCraft, Berland's, Owl Hardwood, Rockler's and, maybe, WoodWerks up in Wauconda and not put a hundred miles on the car<g> Great fun on a Saturday!<g>