OT - Hogfather

This posting is for connysewers of fine films only. Hogfather will be aired on 25 Nov, on the boob toob. It'll be at 7pm, channel 23, here where I am. I got the word on it the other day from my sister, in Arizona, but my TV schedule only went to the 22d, until yesterday evening. I loved the book, have high hopes for the movie. Now if my VCR will work properly so I can record it all. Oh yes, it goes to 11'm.
JOAT So Many Cats So Few Recipes,
J T wrote:

This is Terry Pratchett's "Hogfather"? I didn't realize that there had bee movies made of _any_ of the Discworld stories.
According to the DirecTivo it's on the "ION" network and it's a min-series that they seem to be showing in one go.
--John
Tue, Nov 20, 2007, 10:55am snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (J.Clarke) doth queryeth: This is Terry Pratchett's "Hogfather"? I didn't realize that there had bee movies made of _any_ of the Discworld stories. According to the DirecTivo it's on the "ION" network and it's a min-series that they seem to be showing in one go.
It is indeed. Wyrrd Sisters and Soul Music have been out for a long time, as animated moves, had mine for 2-3 years I guess. Check Amazon. If I recall right, Troll Bridge (I think that's the one) is suffering problems, so don't know when that'll be out. Dunno about the ION, but it's channel 23 here.
JOAT So Many Cats So Few Recipes,
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in (J.Clarke) doth

Never heard of "Troll Bridge", but "Truckers" and "Soul Music" are available via bit torrent too. I've also seen bits and pieces of a fan flick based on "Lords and Ladies", from Germany.
Wed, Nov 21, 2007, 1:25am (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@ug.the.orc (SmaugIchorfang) did sayeth: Never heard of "Troll Bridge", but "Truckers" and "Soul Music" are available via bit torrent too. I've also seen bits and pieces of a fan flick based on "Lords and Ladies", from Germany.
Then maybe you never heard of these either. http://members.fortunecity.com/bookdepository/stories.html Knew Lords and Ladies was in the wings, but didn't know the status. Hmm, I've got the lyrics to the Hedgehog Song stuck away somewhere too.
JOAT Cats - The Other White Meat
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in (SmaugIchorfang) did

No, I didn't. Thanks for pointing them out.

How about the lyrics to "The Wizard's Staff Has a Knob on the End"?
Wed, Nov 21, 2007, 1:16pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@ug.the.orc (SmaugIchorfang) doth query: <snip> How about the lyrics to "The Wizard's Staff Has a Knob on the End"?
As it so happens. A WIZARD'S STAFF HAS A KNOB ON THE END http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/2650/wizzard.htm THE HEDGEHOG SONG http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/2650/hedgehog.htm HEDGEHOG SONG - MIDI ONLY http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/2650/hedgehog.mid THE STREETS OF ANKH-MORPORK http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/2650/streets.htm THE ANKH-MORPORK CITY WATCH SONG http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/2650/watch.htm
JOAT Cats - The Other White Meat
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in (SmaugIchorfang) doth

Other great Prachett stuff at http://www.lspace.org/ including songs, short stories, interviews and FAQs.
Wed, Nov 21, 2007, 3:26pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@ug.the.orc (SmaugIchorfang) doth sayeth: Other great Prachett stuff at http://www.lspace.org/ including songs, short stories, interviews and FAQs.
Yep, had that link saved for quite awhile. Quite a bit of his stuff out there if you look a bit. Need the rules for Cripple Mr. Onion?
JOAT Cats - The Other White Meat
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in (SmaugIchorfang) doth

No, I've got them. Got a good recipe for bananananana daiquiris?

It's a Sky-TV production, was shown in Britain last year
Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in 3337.bay.webtv.net:

On the ION network here. VCR's set to "stun".
I always wanted to do a box based on the luggage. Don't know where I could get a few hundred doll's legs though...
Tue, Nov 20, 2007, 4:25pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@ug.the.orc (SmaugIchorfang) doth sayeth: On the ION network here. VCR's set to "stun". I always wanted to do a box based on the luggage. Don't know where I could get a few hundred doll's legs though..
I don't know if I can count on my VCR, so gonna try to get my older son to tape it as back-up. Doll legs? But I will admit, it's a real bitch nowadays finding sapient pear wood, and then being able to afford it if you do find any. Times aren't what they used to be.
JOAT So Many Cats So Few Recipes,
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in (SmaugIchorfang) doth

Just did a peek at The Pirate Bay, and the show is apparently available via bit torrent right now (for those of you that do such things - arr!).
Pear wood I've got. Mine's harder than Chinese calculus and none too sapient. (well, it's as sapient as a stick.)

WyrdSisters and Soul Music have been available on DVD (animated) for some time
Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org