OT - Hi Boys and Girls I'm Back

Page 2 of 2
George Anderson wrote:

Also, there was a truck driver, Silvan, who delivered mill furniture; haven't seen him around in a long time.
Last listing in google.news for spokeshave is May 1999, doesn't seem like it's been that long ago, I wonder if he had no-archive set after that

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 15:08:49 -0700, Mark & Juanita

I miss him!
He posted as late as '04.
Bonehenge (B A R R Y) wrote:

decided to spend more family time and less on the rec. Anybody remember the joke featuring "wimminz"??     onward,     jo4hn

Duke of URLS became UnisawA100 - AKA Keith Bohn - who has gone on to the Old Tools Forum.
Walt Akers has no current website.
Paddy O'Deen sold out to a schlep and is no longer in the shellacky bidness.
Sylvan was driving a truck and then had a epiphany and no longer posts.
JOAT had to go through some transmogryfing - but he is still the same old JOAT - if you want his email address - ping me on the back side - and I still won't give it to you - because he said that he would swoop up out of the Carolinas and kill me.
I don't post stories anymore because the people who are left are too dumb to appreciate them.
I'm happy to see you back but you are coming back to a group that is not what it was.
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
*snip*

Tom,
I printed off the "Ode to a Corded Drill" a few weeks ago and shared it with the family. We had a project where the cordless drills just couldn't keep up and had to get a corded one instead.
Just wanted to say thanks for posting it when you did.
Puckdropper

Tom Watson wrote: snip

People die, folks move away. But if a few old farts hang around to lend a helping hand or to provide some tips or tricks to the new neighbors and set an example of what a good neighbor is, the benefits of a having and being good neighbors is apparent. Then folks buy into the idea - and begin acting like good neighbors.
Now I don't know if you in fact are an old fart - but I do know you're a pretty good neighbor - and a great story teller. Hope you stick around, and by example, show some newbie how to be a good neighbor and a contributing member of the community.
charlie b
Nicely worded Charlie..
Now if more folks felt that way...
charlieb wrote:

You're right Charlie. Tom's stories made a difference in our lives. Besides Tom a true artist doesn't care how many understand their art. They only care if they have had some effect on them. If you get in the mood I for one will be checking it out.
Roy

Yeah there are some dumb ones, and some of "us ol' farts lurk more now, or like me went into a hiatus. But your tales are legend, always entertaining and better than "It pays to increase your wordpower" in Reader's Digest as a vocabulary builder. You have far more raw talent than many here, and in multiple diciplines. Please don't hold out on the Rec... You and others might actually help jump start it again. I wish the server crash hadn't occurred where all the USENET posts were lost. I'd love to "go back in time to re and re-re read so many of them. Tom