OT: Here's The Deal. Ot and not OT

I was drawn into too many conversations about this and that and the other thing over the last couple of years. I take a genuine interest in politics, US and here in Canada.

I have decided not to do that kinda thing in here any more. There are many channels to have these discussions via e-mail and such... why clutter this lumpy ol' newsgroup with my diatribe?, Eh?

I consider myself lucky to be healthy, alive, living a pretty good life with a wonderful Angela and 3 insanely great daughters. Both my parents are going to be 87 in the next month. My sister is still in a wheelchair.

Business is pretty much back where it was before I retired in Sept

2003, dunno how I keep doing this. This the fourth time I built a business, sold it, and moved on. This last time, I decided to move towards the 'art' side of things. You know, thermo-forming Corian and CAD and rendering 3-D models. Somehow that blossomed into yet another trip down Success Lane. Maybe it is because I take so little for myself, that things work out as well as they do. That is NOT because I am some kind of charitable idiot, I just don't need very much other than the pleasure of making shit work. Angela is such a huge support and she takes such pleasure in watching me wrestle my challenges to the ground.

So here it is: No more religion and politics. Don't even try.

Obama is weak. Hillary's a bitch. McCain's is Bush.

Reply to
Robatoy

Tanus

??????????

Reply to
Mike in Arkansas

Reply to
Leon

doesn't mean no more jelly donuts, i'm still stuck on that one. ross

Reply to
Ross Hebeisen

Drawn into? Hell, you started a lot of them!

OK, now this is new. I hadn't noticed that. Is this recent? ;^)

Seriously, that may be a mistake. There are those that use this as their sounding board, their venting board, and a way to express themselves as to "The Way Things Should Be".

Again, seriously, read the thread counts.

NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING brings out the responses like politics. In then end, no minds are changed, no points are made, the only ones satisfied are the guys that make (what they think) blindingly obvious arguments of why they are so right. Self righteous, indignant, sanctimonious, you know, everything you have to have with any discussion of politics or policy.

In the end, it always boils down to "I am right you dumbass, and you couldn't be more stupid or wrong for not seeing it my way". I am sure a few feelings get hurt, and we have had several farewell announcement due to hurt feelings, but again, this is a public forum.

And you, you rascal, you were about the best shit stirrer on the group.

So what gives?

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

sure hope somebody didn't shit in robs hard hat. ross

Reply to
Ross Hebeisen

I resemble that remark!

Flattery will get you everywhere..... I said FLATTERY, not FLATULENCE! bwahaha.

Truth is, I'm bucking for the moderator's job. :-*

Reply to
Robatoy

LOL...yea, that is funny shit, eh? Married to a Hell's Angel and now the girlfriend of Canada's Foreign Minister...LOL

Reply to
Robatoy

SNIP

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

My oh, my. Wouldn't this be an interesting group then? Yeeehaw!

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Awww shucks, you're just saying that...

Reply to
Robatoy

for what it's worth, you get my vote. Lett'er buck ross

Reply to
Ross Hebeisen