OT: Help please: cutting styrofoam sheets

Forgot to mention; I also had to do a bit of adjustment on door springs to account for the extra weight. Be sure you know what the hell you're doing before you start messing with those springs!

Reply to
Steve Turner

Another use for your Fein, Bosch, Dremel or Harbor Freight Multi Tool

Reply to
Evodawg

It makes a mess, but any old wood saw will make a decent cut. I recently did some on my table saw and it worked fine. In the past I used a jab saw or a hand saw. More specific to your application... I recently partially disassembled a damaged aluminum boat and found porous plant foam between the ribs. I ripped exact fitting pieces on my table saw. Then I took a wire brush to the aluminum and got a good rough surface. Then super grip construction adhesive and a press fit.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I've used a saber saw with whatever wood blade I had in it and it works great w/o much of a mess. Last time I used a mini sawzall with the same blade, cuts like air. Using a metal blade would likely leave zero mess.

Reply to
Jack Stein