OT: Help please: cutting styrofoam sheets

Page 2 of 2
On 7/4/2010 10:37 AM, Steve Turner wrote:

Forgot to mention; I also had to do a bit of adjustment on door springs to account for the extra weight. Be sure you know what the hell you're doing before you start messing with those springs!
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
Steve Turner wrote:

--
You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK !
Steve Turner wrote:

I've used a saber saw with whatever wood blade I had in it and it works great w/o much of a mess. Last time I used a mini sawzall with the same blade, cuts like air. Using a metal blade would likely leave zero mess.
--
Jack
When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away

It makes a mess, but any old wood saw will make a decent cut. I recently did some on my table saw and it worked fine. In the past I used a jab saw or a hand saw. More specific to your application... I recently partially disassembled a damaged aluminum boat and found porous plant foam between the ribs. I ripped exact fitting pieces on my table saw. Then I took a wire brush to the aluminum and got a good rough surface. Then super grip construction adhesive and a press fit.