OT: Healthe Care - Writ Small

I posted a semi joking response to Swingman's post about the Physician's Solution.
If you do the math, you will see that it is not really a joke.
I'm talking about going off the grid with health insurance.
I live in a township of 30, 000 people.
We have two hospitals within our confines.
We have more than fifty health care practioners listed for business in the township.
If we make the medical professionals that we need become employeees of the township, we would reduce our healthcare costs by more than fifty percent.
Is this a step towards socialized medicine? Hell no, it is capitalism at its finest.
Regards,
Tom Watson wrote:

Yep. Also lawyers, plumbers, electricians and lawn care providers. These folks charge out the kazoo. Shouldn't we all be guaranteed affordable lawn care? For sure! Almost forgot--morticians.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

I am not going to knock any suggestions for a better solution, but uh you are essentially going to use "government employees" to be your doctors. :~) It could work if you can attract good government employees.
Tom Watson wrote:

Perhaps if a non-profit corporation with some (or all) of the hospitals and practitioners included were formed, costs would go down and enrollments up. There will be some who want nothing to do with such an operation so there will be livelihood for independent practitioners. Take a look at Kaiser Permanente's operation.
Not a complete solution, but a start.
    mahalo,     jo4hn