OT: He didn't 'Beat It' this time.

Page 1 of 2
Michael Jackson dead. Helluva talent Helluva freak.
"Robatoy" wrote:

Not my kind of entertainment.

Living the life he lived, can understand why his lifestyle can only be described weird.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Sexual molesting children is not "weird", it is evil...

He was acquitted, no?
-- Doug
Douglas Johnson wrote:

So was OJ ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Indeed. In some European countries, IMMSMC, Switzerland being one, they not only have a Found Not Guilty finding but also one that say Found Innocent. MJ and OJ were not likely to be blessed with a Found Innocent finding. In OJ's case the civil suit kind of shows that.
In article <f7bab348-bed5-4a87-ab07-88a6633a02b6

Which seems to work out to exactly the same thing.
Scotland has a "Not Guilty" and "Not Proven." There is a nuance in the sensibility but legally they mean "Not Guilty."
Robatoy wrote:

Maybe it's a "glove" thing, eh? :(
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

One comment I heard was that his gretest musical accomplishment was buying the beatle's song library.
Lee Michaels wrote:

;)
Lee Michaels wrote:

His greatest non-musical accomplishment was to make HUGE sums of money and die $500,000,000 in debt. Bank of America alone loaned him $200,000,000.
Seems strange (to me) that an individual could get himself 1/2 a Billion dollars in debt. The town (not the school district) I live in could run for years on that amount...
--
Jack
Amadeus suffered from severe manic depression. In his manic periods he gave us an amazing quantity of amazing music. But he did a lot of crazy things that make much of what's done today look pretty tame.
"charlieb" wrote:

Neither was his charity bandied about, but if you dig around a little bit, you find it.
Lew
charlieb wrote:

Nicely done, charlie.
Tanus

Do you have first hand knowledge or are you believing press accounts?
-- Doug
Douglas Johnson wrote:

I have the knowledge of multiple sources of reporting, a criminal trial, and civil lawsuits (all matters of public record) that resulted in MJ paying 10s of *millions* of dollars to make the problem go away. Innocent people - especially if charged with sexual predation - would not behave that way. He was an evil and wretched man and the international adoration of him in death is sickening.

In other words, you are believing press accounts.

Acquitted. Which doesn't prove innocence, but is certainly not evidence of guilt.

Only one related to child molestation, which never went to trial. He paid $22 million as best I can tell. See http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2009-06-26-jackson-faces_N.htm if you would like to believe press accounts.

Actually they do. $22 million is cheap to make the problem go away. It would have cost him more to defend it. With all the attendant publicity.

According to the same article, he donated millions to charity. But we do get to some agreement. He had to be wretched. Evil? Possibly, but nothing has ever been substantiated that I have seen.
The international reaction is proof that people need to find some real heroes. They're around, but are usually too busy doing good things to get much press. -- Doug
Douglas Johnson wrote:

When multiple, independent sources describe more-or-less the same events, there's a reasonable justification for "believing" the gist of the story. There is essentially no question that this guy was a child molester except for the music groupies who place their (bad) taste in entertainment above moral judgment.

This level of disbelief is not skepticism. It is denial.

It is proof that they have very low standards for both entertainment and heroes.

MJ was no hero except, perhaps, to people who do not understand the term.

The multiple sources are rarely independent. They are almost all using the same primary source. e.g. "Prosecutors today filed charges..."

Nope. I just want some facts before publicly accusing someone of being an evil child molester. Real, substantiated facts seem to be pretty scarce. There is certainly an ample supply of accusations and rumors.
Would I let my grandchildren in the same room with him? No way in hell.
-- Doug
Douglas Johnson wrote:

The last two paragraphs taken together cause a level of cognitive dissonance that is painful ...