OT - Has BAD gone off the deep end?

Page 1 of 2
Hell, I go away for a few days, come back, and find Bay Area Dave under a new "hard to filter" identity...first I thought someone was spoofing him again, but then I checked and the IP is his. To think, I almost felt sorry for him when someone posted his real name in here last week.
--
Bill

it's me, woodchucker. YOU feel sorry for ME?? That's a first. You follow me around to other newsgroups for harassment and NOW you almost "felt sorry for me". Why do I doubt your sincerity?
When you want to cease and desist with the harassment, AND issue an apology, I'll treat you with respect. Until then I'm as wary as ever when I see your moniker. Ball's in your court, man.
{Why can I predict with 100 percent certainty, your response??)
dave
Woodchuck Bill wrote:

Nonsense. We both subscribe to rec.woodworking and rec.photo.digital as well. So does Charlie Self. These were the two groups where the the whole "doggie" thing happened. There was no following going on. Don't flatter yourself. I am heavily into digital photography. Should you ever need any advice, don't hesitate to ask me (like if you need someone to explain to you the difference between sharpness and selective depth of field ;-) ).
I did feel a bit of sympathy when that person revealed (what he claimed to be) your real name last week. Yes, I like to tease you, as do others, and as you like to do to some people in here like you do to JOAT. Don't be so damned sensitive, Homer. It's not like you don't dish it out to people too.
What did I say about you that was so terrible? Nothing out of the ordinary. Others have said much worse about you. But to see you really lose it with the blatant flooding of the NG was really really weird. At least you fessed up to it.
If you offer Charlie, and anyone else you ever teased in this group an apology, I will glad offer one to you, if you really feel that you need it.
--
Bill

first point: fair enough. you are right; you read the other newsgroup too.
Teasing is FINE. absolutely. it's actually a preference of mine. But concerted efforts to ostracize and humiliate are NOT teasing. I have zero respect for men who run in packs.
well, NO, I don't NEED an apology. I'm hoping YOU will take the high road and NOT predicate any apology to me on my apologizing to anyone else. That's up to the other party to suggest. It isn't YOUR place to tell ME who to apologize to, except for yourself. Do you see my point? YOU are not the designated "enforcer" to issue edicts about what I should write to other participants. Those who feel their feelings have been damaged should come to ME like a man, and tell me specifically what beef they have.
I'm actually willing to let go of whatever issues I've had with your earlier posts. I did a Google, and realized that rather than waste my time reading, I figured if I can't remember the details, the details aren't worth re-hashing. EPIPHANY! :)
your turn.
dave
Woodchuck Bill wrote:

Done. Truce.
--

Bill

deal.
dave
Woodchuck Bill wrote:

Why don't the two of you go get a hotel room and fuck.
Have you seen Dave's photo?
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2848/bad2.jpg

Getting a bit old now Brucey baby.
You're becoming more of a pain in the arse than Dave could ever HOPE to be.
<snip>

Say, how'd you like to be my new CIA director?
Signed, George Bush Jr.
LOL!
dave
Hylourgos wrote:

I just noticed this part of your reply. Was your prediction correct? Or did you expect "Fuck you, doggie" in response? ;-)
--
Bill

:) good one!
dave
Woodchuck Bill wrote:

Woodchuck Bill responds:

It was a response to someone else, in rec.photo.digital, not here, and not to him. He brought it here to complain of my use of an Anglo-Saxon word with Scandanavian roots because he thought it would create a fuss, which, unfortunately, it has. Charlie Self "The test and the use of man's education is that he finds pleasure in the exercise of his mind." Jacques Barzun
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote in

I was just joking, Charlie. I was totally on your side during that whole scandal. For the sake of the group, and just being an adult, I've buried the hatchet with Dave.
--
Bill

Fri, Jun 4, 2004, 12:22pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (WoodchuckBill) dreams on: <snip> For the sake of the group, and just being an adult, I've buriedthe hatchet with Dave.
To have a gentlemen's agreement, requires all parties in it to be gentlemen. He who must not be named is not one. Your "agreement" will therefore last only as long as he chooses. Same thing he pulled with me awhile back.
But, I suppose his behaviour is only partially his fault. Seems he didn't feel he needed to bother sending any sacrifices for the Woodworking Gods. That pretty much ticked them off. So, they put a stupid curse on him.
As you can see, the curse worked.
Made him stupider.
LMAO
JOAT If you're offered free wood, take it, period; figure out what to use it for later. - JOAT
seems to me YOU are the one hurling insults these days. What have I done TO you lately??? Don't anticipate problems that may never occur. I just reviewed my posts to you on "there wouldn't be much..." thread and found nary a demeaning word hurled your way. OTOH, you just called me "stupider". sheesh!
dave
dave.
J T wrote:

Sun, Jun 6, 2004, 1:51am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@nn.com (bayareadave) burbled: seems to me YOU are the one hurling insults these days. What have I done TO you lately???
Time restraints on responses to you now? You never said. Selective memory also. You did include my handle in one of your recent responses to a thread. A thread to which I still have not posted.
Don't anticipate problems that may never occur. I just reviewed my posts to you on "there wouldn't be much..." thread and found nary a demeaning word hurled your way.
See the above. I don't want you putting me in any of your posts, period. If you don't, you will certainlly not get any from me.
OTOH, you just called me "stupider". sheesh!
Indeed? I thought I had made a comment to someone else. I believe I didn't mention anyone's name either.
But, if the shoe fits, bite it.
JOAT If you're offered free wood, take it, period; figure out what to use it for later. - JOAT
in light of your tone, I'll refrain from engaging you until you've had a transplant.
dave
J T wrote: snipped it all...

Thanks for the advice, JOAT. I know you and Dave have had your battles too, but I reckon it's best if I keep up with my end of the bargain. If he decides to start up the old flame war again, at least I will have done my part.
--
Bill

not to worry; I'm a man of my word, regardless of what strangers might think. If I say I've buried the hatchet, then you can "take that to the bank". I have every reason to believe you'll do the same. (read: I trust you)
dave